The Aga Khan University empowers the people of the developing world with the knowledge and skills to realize their highest goals. We provide a transformative education that prepares our graduates for local and global leadership. We generate solutions to problems that affect millions of people through pioneering research. We strive to achieve world-class excellence, inspiring individuals and institutions to meet the highest standards.
The Aga Khan University invites application for the following position based in Dar es Salaam. Tanzania.
The candidate will be reporting to the Manager. General Administration. He she will have responsibilities that are crosscutting in all other departments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Procure goods and services for AKU in line with the university’s Purchasing and Supply Chain policy and procedures Constantly review and suggest improvements to the Purchasing and Supply Chain policy and procedures Develop, maintain and monitor a sound procurement system for the institution Maintain an up to date register of suppliers for goods and services
- Follow up with Finance office on supplier’s payments and maintain good relationship with suppliers Participate in negotiation of contracts on behalf of the institution Carry out regular supply market research
- Handling customs clearance of imports and disposal of obsolete and clearance of assets
- Advise Management on procurement laws, trends and standard practices in procurement in the country
- Performing any other relevant duty assigned by supervisors
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement or equivalent.
- 3 years of work experience in purchasing and supply chain management.
- Holder of CPSP and must be registered with Procurement and Supply Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Excellent computer skills and competence in the use of Microsoft office and procurement software.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of local business environment and ability to meet strict deadlines are key requirements
Candidates meeting the above requirements, seeking professional growth and excellent work environment should forward their letter of application. Curriculum Vitae and testimonials (postal and email) of three references to the Human Resources Office, Aga Khan University, P.O. Box 125. Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidate will be based in Dar-es-Salaam. Tanzania.
Applications Deadline: 18th December 2019