BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to theTanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill in the following vacancy:
PROCUREMENT & STORES MANAGER -1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Managing Director, who is the Accounting Officer for procurement undertakings in the bank. He/She is responsible to advise and lead Management and staff on procedures to be followed in procurement as well as maintenance of stores and supply of services, equipment and working tools. He/She also plays a key role in the Tender Board and other procurement and evaluation committees.
- To develop, implement and maintain a procurement management framework to support the strategic direction of the bank whilst ensuring it is operating in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, 2004 and other related legislation and policies.
- To provide high level advice and services to Management and departmental officers in relation to procurement and supply contracting activities.
- To oversee significant procurement projects by taking responsibility for significant purchase plans, tender development, tender management, evaluation advice, contract negotiations and drafting, development of contract management frameworks and assistance with contract dispute mediation.
- To develop and continually strengthen relationships with internal and external key clients/stakeholders.
- To monitor marketplace changes and other contemporary issues as they relate to procurement to keep abreast of developments that will affect the Department’s procurement function, including any Significant Purchases.
- To develop the annual Corporate Procurement Plan and assist in delivery of associated strategies.
- To develop appropriate procurement systems, procedures and guidelines for the procurement entity and Contracts Committee.
- To liaise with and advise on the administration of all contractual arrangements and amendments to enable timely forward transition to departments and users.
- To provide secretarial services to the Tender Board.
- To manage Tender process, analyze information, negotiate and make recommendations to the Managing Director regarding the awarding of tenders and contracts.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Post Graduate qualification in Procurement, Materials Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Must be registered with the PSPTB as a Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP)
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience, of which 4 must be in a senior level in a recognized organization.
- Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and Computer literacy
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for this employment opportunity through this email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 15th January 2021.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: Website: www.tadb.co.tz