Our client is searching for a reliable and innovative Production Engineer to oversee the production
processes at their company. The successful candidate will join a growing team of professionals and be
responsible for supervising staff, ensuring health and safety codes are followed, training workers in the responsible use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment, and completing various administrative tasks.
- Supervising the production processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Liaising with management to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labour required.
- Diagnosing production problems and providing recommendations and training.
- Establishing safety procedures and protocols that take the workers' well-being into account, and that also minimize the carbon footprint.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production, and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting unsafe practices.
- Drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects and works.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Analysing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement.
- Obtaining any materials and equipment required.
- Aligning staff with the company’s daily, weekly, monthly and annual objectives
- Managing workers through one-on-one and team meetings on performance relative to set objectives
- Daily walkabouts to identify areas for improvement
- Quarterly performance reviews using a evidence-based report back process
- Ensures cost efficiency in by managing resource consumption
- Ensures that product input costs are methodically monitored and variances addressed
- Ensure a continuous improvement program is instilled in the team in order to improve cost efficiency
- Ensures that SOP’s are published and followed
- Ensures that all government regulations are followed for the production facility, production premises and employees
- Degree in Engineering-Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Agricultural Engineering preferred
- ERB license is an added advantage
- Leadership skills
- Above average computer skills
- Proven experience in the engineering field.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.