Position: Program Assistant, Community Services (1 Position)
Reports to: Associate Director, Community Services
Summary Job Purpose:
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative, logistical, and clerical support functions in order to ensure that program services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. S/he will assist the Community Services Department with coordinating non-training activity registrations, action tracking, handling all note-taking and record-keeping duties, including handling incoming correspondences, sorting and forwarding to the AD or Chief of Party (COP) or for distribution to the entire team. Provide general support on a variety of activities including obtaining research or documents, tracking clearances for Department documentation and letters, and providing general support across a range of activities in the Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Organizes project files including tracking clearances and signatures on letters for Department documentation
● Supports meeting management for in-person and online meetings (invitations, confirmation of space and participants, etc.)
● Supports biometric registration of participants at non-training activities of the Department
● Obtains documents, reports, etc. as requested
● Conducts basic research activities, including review of literature, research, etc.
● Requests and controls for Department stationery and tools
● Prepares written project documents, templates, and tools
● Performs other duties as assigned
● Diploma-level certificate in Health-related field, Communications, or Social Sciences; Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Minimum of three (3) years of specialized (PEPFAR) work experience; work with an International NGO is preferred
● Demonstrated ability to coordinate administrative and logistical support activities
● Prior experience as a program coordinator preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar), and WhatsApp
● Knowledge of customer care service principles and practices
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.