Program Associate – Mwanza,
Application Deadline February 15, 2019
Mission: Touch Foundation’s mission is to save lives and relieve human suffering. We improve healthcare in Tanzania, addressing one of the world’s most significant humanitarian crises: the shortage of healthcare workers in sub-Saharan Africa. We strengthen local health systems, and we encourage the adoption of our data-driven problem-solving model in the global health community.
The Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the implementation of various programs of the Touch Foundation, Inc. based in Mwanza, Tanzania. The Program Associate will contribute to activities that span across program development and design, program implementation, operations, monitoring and reporting. The Program Associate will lead discrete workstreams and will be responsible for managing and completing the activities on time and on schedule, under the supervision of the Project and/or Program Managers. The Program Associate will also manage specific relationships with external stakeholders related to implementation activities and with mid-level government officials. The Program Associate with work in team with Touch’s project and program managers as well as analysts and support function staff to deliver the impact of Touch’s programs in the Lake Zone of Tanzania. He or she will be required to travel occasionally to implementation sites in the Lake Zone, outside of Mwanza.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
§ Lead discrete workstreams under limited supervision from Project or Program Managers
§ Support various activities related to the development and implementation of the Foundation’s programs, working in collaboration with program team and in-country partners.
§ Conduct research and strategic analyses to support program development and implementation.
§ Support development of work-plans and budgets for various projects.
§ Support the implementation of programs, collaborating with implementation partners and vendors as appropriate.
§ Conduct data analyses to understand, evaluate and report program impact.
§ Maintain holistic and detailed understanding of program work as well as opportunities for expansion.
§ Collaborate with program team to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of the programs.
§ Support the execution of special projects and events, such as visits to Tanzania by important guests.
As job vacancy announcements cannot be exhaustive, the Program Associate may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Experience
– Minimum 1-year relevant professional experience in resource constrained settings or international development preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic track record.
– Ability to proactively work independently and also as an effective, collaborative team member.
– Solid relationship building skills: ability to interface with external constituents.
– Strong experience developing a variety of communication materials.
– Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
– Exceptional detail-oriented skills.
– Superior organizational and planning skills for balancing multiple projects and responsibilities.
– Good judgement and discretion to represent the Touch Foundation in a highly professional manner.
– Ability to respond to shifting needs with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor.
Details at a glance
• On-site Location
• Full Time Schedule
• 4-Year Degree Required
How To Apply