Program Coordinator Paediatric HIV and AIDS-Vacancy
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non–governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the following positions.
Position Title: Program Coordinator Paediatric HIV and AIDS
Reporting to: RCH Manager/ZPM
The Program Coordinator Paediatric is responsible for the leadership, coordination and management of the technical team staff for Paediatric HIV and AIDS clinical activities in all the supported regions with the main objective being, to ensure highest attainable technical performance in reflection to AGPAHI’s vision and mission in the AGPAHI supported facilities.
• Coordinate and provide technical leadership on Pediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment programme.
• Work closely with the R/CHMT as well as other MOHCDGEC departments to exercise appropriate integration and scale up of Paediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services with other services at all levels in AGPAHI supported regions.
• Facilitate the collaboration and networking of all stakeholders in Paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment services to ensure that all programme activities are in line with national policies and guidelines as well as AGPAHI strategies and plans.
• Provide guidance and support to AGPAHI clinical service teams and supported treatment partners to come up with appropriate pediatric HIV and AIDS plans and approaches that are in line with national policies and AGPAHI strategies.
• Monitor the implementation of integrated programs such as Paediatric Care and Treatment, Paediatric TB/HIV, early infant diagnosis (EID) and it’s linkage to CTC, PITC and HVL in accordance with national guidelines to avoid any breach of operations in the activities;
• Liaise with community program staff within AGPAHI to coordinate linkages and referral networks within the supported districts to develop and grow the linkages and provide the Psychosocial Support necessary children and their caregivers;
• Carry out field visits to the facilities and provide onsite technical assistance to health facilities and project staff such as sit- in at the clinic days.
• Assist the regions in the identification training needs in Paediatric HIV and AIDS services in supported regions to ensure all staff perform optimally on the different activities;
• To coordinate and support the MOHCDGEC Conduct comprehensive supportive supervision in close collaboration with district teams and other Paediatric implementing partners to align the objectives of the different parties and for the achievement of AGPAHI Paediatric HIV and AIDS program strategy;
• Facilitate strong monitoring of the Paediatric HIV care and treatment programme including providing technical input and coordinating relevant site assessments and evaluations that strengthen the Paediatric services in AGPAHI.
• To support R/CHMT to build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
• Assist RCH manager in the preparation and review of Paediatric HIV and AIDS care and treatment progress reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Share findings on Paediatric HIV and AIDS program activities with other program staff, the RPC and technical Managers to share knowledge and information for best practices in the delivery of quality clinical services.
• Participate actively in Paediatric HIV and AIDS TWG meetings and forum.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Medical Doctor, with experience in Pediatrics, preferably with strong Knowledge in HIV and background in public health. MPH or equivalent will be an added advantage.
• At least (5)five years of work experience in the area of HIV/AIDS,
• Proven knowledge on Pediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
• Knowledge of the Tanzania health system and structures, preferably experience working with Tanzania MOHCDGEC.
• Excellent planning, organizing, and report writing skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with different stakeholders at all levels
• Team leadership and good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday, 8th March, 2019 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.