The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a leading non-profit, non-governmental organization working in the area of public health and nutrition in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life of vulnerable groups through cost-effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectoral advocacy movement through active engagement of citizens, policy makers, and Government authorities at all levels.
COUNSENUTH invites suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens to fill the following positions:
Post Title: Program Officer – Nutrition (1 position)
Duty Station: Kigoma region
The Nutrition Officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of nutrition component of a health program in Kigoma. The applicant should be capable of working with the local government, community, and also people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. Must have very good interpersonal skills, highly motivated, creative, team player with high degree of integrity and must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Work with Program Manager and other team members in coordinating and facilitating implementation of program activities.
- Work closely with the Local Government Authority, including the Council Multisectoral Nutrition committee and the District Nutrition Officers in planning and implementing nutrition activities in the districts. Provide technical support to the District Nutrition Officers, the district technical teams and other stakeholders implementing the program.
- Work with council multi-sectoral nutrition steering committees to support nutrition interventions in the respective councils Assist in capacity building of program lower level implemented including community health workers
- Follow up closely the implementation of activities under the program as scheduled in the plan of action.
- Prepare and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual program reports.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree in Nutrition
- Have at least 2-3 years working experience in nutrition or related projects/programs.
- Have experience in community engagement/mobilization and capacity building process.
- Have experience of working with Government institutions, the local government, civil society organizations and community partners.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their application via email addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
E-mail: [email protected]; together with up to date curriculum vitae (with three professional references) and copies of academic certificates not later than 16th March 2020.
All applications should be sent via EMAIL only.
Please indicate the position title on the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.