Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world.
In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills, and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families.
Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Program Officer – Migori
Reporting to the County Cluster Manager, the Program Officer will be responsible for building the capacity of health care providers on oral Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), monitor adherence and drug safety, assist in supply chain management and strengthen service delivery at the health facility level for the Jilinde Project.
S/he will also identify gaps in service provision and lead efforts in quality improvement of services.
In addition, s/he will assist with technical strategy and work plan development, site assessment, supportive supervision and implementation.
This position will support delivery of oral PrEP to adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
- Provide support ¡n the design, planning, implementation and routine monitoring of Jilinde project activities at the county cluster level
- Lead the integration of oral pre exposure prophylaxis as a combination prevention intervention within the existing service delivery infrastructure
- Provide technical support (including training, CMEs and mentorship) to health care providers in health facilities, and other service delivery points on the delivery of oral pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Support in strengthening the commodity supply chain at the county and sub county level to ensure a consistent supply of oral PrEP commodities, monitor adherence and safety
- Manage technical contributions of sub grantees, including providing clinical support
- Represent Jilinde in technical working groups and committees, stakeholder and partner meetings at sub-county, county and national level, and disseminate relevant evidence on oral pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Spearhead innovative and cost effective strategies of ensuring conversion of knowledge derived from continuous program implementation and learning into action for quality improvement
- Coordinate with the county and sub-county health management teams in the implementation of oral PrEP service delivery activities, including supportive supervision and quality improvement
- Prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) project reports and provide relevant programmatic information for internal and external reporting purposes
- Monitoring, documentation and sharing of best practices and ‘success stories
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or related qualification
- 5 years’ hands on experience working with health or related programs at the national and county level
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing HIV prevention, care and treatment programs
- Experience in implementing oral pre-exposure prophylaxis interventions will be an added advantage
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women is desirable Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Proficiency ¡n using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Qualified female candidates are encourage to apply.
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 16th February 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.