Tanzania Seed Trade Association
TASTA is a Non-Profit organization whose primary Mission is to represent the interests of the Tanzania Seed Industry by ensuring smooth trade policies, protecting and promoting the seed industry interests, within Tanzania, Africa and globally. As a Secretariat TASTA provides specific services to its members, act as liaison between the government and the seed industry and serves as an effective voice of the seed industry.
The Tanzania Seed Trade Association (TASTA) is currently accepting applications for a Program Officer to be positioned at Arusha.
The Program Officer will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in running the Secretariat, Lobbying and Advocating on issues related to the Seed Industry and Food Security. This involves Lobbying for conducive and friendly working and trading environment for Members and the industry through networking, gender mainstreaming, collaborating, campaigning, sharing with various stakeholders i.e. The Government, Development Partners, Farming community, Financial institutions, Research and Development Institutions, International organizations and the Media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROGRAM OFFICER:
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the Association.
- Convening meetings with various stakeholders as instructed by the Executive Director.
- Organize Conferences, symposia, training programs and other meetings in accordance with approved program of work.
- Prepare content for periodic publications covering seed industry related activities in and outside the country.
- Prepare proposals for various joint action programs with international and regional bodies for executive committee consideration.
- Support the Executive director in the preparation, execution and implementation of the financial budgets of the association.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on strategic plans for the growth and evolution of the association.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Perform other functions as specified by the Executive Director the Executive Committee and Annual General Meeting.
- The candidate should have proven record of having served in similar or related position for not less than 3 years and capable to command respect of senior government officials and other dignitaries. High skills in public Relations (PR) is desirable.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Agriculture or Law with good ability to use communication software.
- Prior experience in Project Management including planning and Budgeting.
- Knowledge of Policy making and good command of legal review processes.
- Proven ability to lead, train, manage and motivate personnels in the industry through workshops, seminars or individually.
- Excellent communication skills and ability (verbal and written).
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
Mode of Application:
Qualified and experienced candidates are requested to apply in confidence with the following:-
An application letter detailing your suitability to the position also attached with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae including all relevant Certificates.
Names of 3 Referees (2 professional, 1 personal).
Only shortlisted candidates will be requested to share their CV, Application Letter and Certificates.
Interested candidates are invited to do the test, kindly follow the link below.