THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Program Officer – Care and Treatment (3 Positions)
Reporting to: Head -Care, Treatment and Support Unit (CTSU)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1st Program Officer – Care and Treatment
- Coordinate adult HIV and AIDS services in the country, that is, all partners providing ART to adult PLHA including all health facilities.
- Liaise with various stakeholders within the MoHCDGEC and partners to develop a focused scale up plans
- Participate in the development of training materials and training of
HCWs in care, treatment and support iv. Spearhead efforts towards implementation HIV diagnosis including clinical and lab assessment
- Develop and implement short- and long-term strategic planning
activities for HIV care and treatment
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of the NACP monitor implementation of HIV care and treatment activities by all partners
- Prepare and submit HIV care and treatment activities’ implementation reports.
- Based on monitoring of grant implementation, initiate and provide rationale for reprogramming based on need and the principle of investing to attain impact
- Facilitate and support periodic external program reviews to assess progress on national strategic goals and targets
2nd Program Officer – Care and Treatment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HIV strategic on HIV prevention, care, treatment and support services responses including identification and treatment of HIV infected adolescents. ii. Participate in the development and review of short and long-term adolescent strategies and oversee the status of implementation.
- Support NACP to coordinate and oversee adolescent and young people HIV response.
- Coordinate, participate and present progress of adolescent HIV services to the clinical sub Committee ad all relevant TWGs.
- Coordinate capacity building activities of HCW pertaining to adolescents and Pediatrics HIV care.
- Coordinate and support implementation of global fund-AGYW activities.
- Participate in the review/development of SOPs, training materials, job aids and IEC materials, data recording and reporting tools, supervision tools to integrate adolescents and pediatrics intervention
3rd Program Officer – Care and Treatment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to MoHCDGEC – in monitoring the implementation for the Paediatric HIV Initiatives including clinical management.
- Develop and maintains effective liaisons with paediatric HIV implementing partner organizations to ensure implementation timelines and quality standards paediatric HIV activities are met.
- Coordinate with implementing partner organizations to plan and develop training programs and educational materials.
- Creatively implement efforts to support improved paediatric HIV services, identification and support, PITC/opt out children HIV testing and good clinical practice.
- Implement adherence strategies in health facilities and linkage of infected infants/children from all entry points.
- Facilitate TB intensified case identification, infection control within CTC for all paediatric clients.
- Facilitate the development and dissemination of materials related to paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment. Prepare quarterly report on the implementation milestones made under the Paediatric HIV initiatives
- Support planning and coordination of the quarterly Paediatric Technical Working Group
Experience and Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (MD) or a relevant health related degree
- Three to five years’ experience working in a care and treatment project/program/clinic particularly in coordinating and strengthening adolescent HIV and Health services
- Have a Master in Public Health
- Have excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and facilitation skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences & understanding of the political & ethical issues surrounding PLHIV HIV services
- Computer skills including, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication skills with fluent written and spoken English and
Kiswahili viii. Age limit: 50 years
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020