Position: Program Officer (Intern)
Duration: 1 Year, Renewable Contract
Opening Date: 10 Nov 2019
Closing Date: 15 Nov 2019
Work Hours: 40 Hours (Full Time)
Camara Education Tanzania
P.o Box 13484,
House #20, Ursino Street
Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam
Camara Education Tanzania is a social enterprise dedicated to delivering real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering young generations to improve their own life opportunities. We use technology to impact education outcomes by offering tailor-made products and services to our clients.
As part of our 2020 strategy, we are looking for an intern program officer who will be assisting in organizing programs and projects for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Program Planning & Management:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals for program design, implementation & evaluation.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program and manage its implementation.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage existing programs and projects and look for opportunities to scale and improve the overall delivery.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project/program goals are achieved.
Partnerships & Funding:
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Identify funding opportunities that match with our strategy, analyse organisation capacity & priorities and apply for funding.
- Work with operations and technical team to design programs that suit the needs of different stakeholders
- Manage existing relationship with partners, identify new opportunities and how to explore them for the benefits of both parties.
- Identify new & potential partners, assess areas of synergy and plan how we can work with them
- Develop and manage new partnerships and ensure that the relationship is fruitful for both organisations.
- Meeting with partners to ensure smooth implementation and delivery of our service and agreements.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Manage the image of the company to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Design and implement different initiatives which will improve our brand to the public.
- Manage communication between Camara and it’s partners, clients and other organisations.
- Communicate about Camara programs to the different stakeholder and act as a champion for branding all our programs.
Required Experience & Competence:
- Minimum of 1 Year experience in program/project planning, implementation & evaluation.
- Broad understanding of project/program management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with fluency in English & Swahili (Written & Spoken)
- Proven experience in program/project management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills and experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks (Ms Office & Google Docs).
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications and Google Docs.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Project Management: Clear understanding of four core project management competencies: Time, Cost, Scope and Quality.
Business: Includes but not limited to knowledge of the project financials, an understanding of profit and loss, as well as the skill of creating and sticking to a project budget.
Communication: Ability to prepare eye-catching reports, with figures and reference. Excellent presentation and networking skills. Fluent in both English & Swahili.
Prefered Education Qualification
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Project/Program Management, Community Development or Related Field.
How to Apply: Carefully Fill & Submit This Form – https://forms.gle/kmt8YJ89LBdHTuev7
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 15 Nov 2019