Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development organization with Headquarter based in Seoul, the Republic of Korea. It is in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economics and Social Council (UNECOSOC). The Mission/Vision of GNI works to transform the world to a peaceful and secure world, where no one suffers from starvation; where no one fall victim to preventable diseases; where everyone is comforted and respected with no alienation for any reason. Good Neighbors Tanzania, based in Dar Es Salaam, has started its operation since 2005 and currently implemented various projects in nine (9) regions throughout the United Republic of Tanzania including Mwanza, Dodoma, Shinyanga, Pwani, Dar es salaam, Morogoro, Songwe, Zanzibar and Kigoma. GNTZ would like to announce a call for application for those who are interested in striving to make a better world for all with us together in GNTZ Dodoma Area Office.
To provide support in implementing the activities (field operations) including planning, monitoring, finance and logistical services for the Dodoma Area Office, and ensure effective and transparent utilization of all resources and integrity of administration and operation department.
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Dodoma Area Office is expecting to implement a project with Bahi District Council, funded by the Good Neighbors International in Korea. The project will be implemented in Uhelela, Nagulo and Mkakatika villages – Bahi District, Dodoma region, Tanzania by early 2020.
The Program Officer will be supervised by the Good Neighbors Tanzania Country Director and Managing Director in Head office, and work in close collaboration with the operations, administration
and project teams in Good Neighbors Tanzania. Direct work performance evaluation will be by the line managers of Dodoma Area office and Country Director and Managing Director of GNTZ Head Office. This is a full-time position based in Dodoma, Tanzania for Nationals of the Republic of Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Operation Division in providing supports for the below duties.
• Planning the activities within budget and implementing the project.
• Conducting activity monitoring with relevant instrument and data to ensure quality of work.
• Liaising and managing relationship with partners and other related organizations.
• Researching relevant data and information for the work and developing strategy of the organization for innovation.
• Executing and managing budget expenditure.
• Preparing and submitting documents related to activity monitoring and budget execution.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the authority.
Competencies and Qualification
• Bachelor degree/ Diploma in Sociology, Community development, Rural and Urban planning, Public Administration, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness and Economics.
• Work experience of 2 to 4 years, working in the same field of project implementation, management, M&E.
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and Power Point.
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
• Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
• Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
• Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed through email:
• English written Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good neighbors Tanzania.
• Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, active and complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three referees.
The application should be addressed to:
Managing Director, GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA,
P.O. Box 2946 Dodoma, Plot 1, Hombolo Street, Block No; 83.
E-mail: [email protected]
• Submission of applications should reach the management not later than 10th January 2020 at 3:30 pm.
Note that: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email. Candidates will have to take care of their expenses for transport and accommodation during the interview. There will be no any refund for any expenses incurred.