Job title: Program Officer (1 Post)
Duty station: Mwanza
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead the implementation of the project as per annual plan
• Facilitate the identification of the beneficiaries of the program
• Support communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels
• Conduct the capacity building to the beneficiaries of the program
• Facilitate families’ access to essential services required to fulfill their children’s developmental needs and rights.
• Facilitate Capacity building of families as well as the community.
• Keep up-to-date information regarding beneficiaries and services provided
• Conduct regular field visit to the area of the program intervention
• Prepare reports to be shared to different levels within and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Bachelor degree in Social Work, Sociology; from recognized institutions.
• At least two years working experience preferably with NGO/ INGO in this field.
• Basic facilitation skills.
• Basic Knowledge of Gender, Child rights and Advocacy.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Computer skills especially Microsoft word, Excel & the Internet.
• A good command of both oral & written English
• Must have a valid driving license
How to apply
If you are interested to be part of this dynamic team and become a change agent then send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com addressing
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P0. Box 80462
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date is 13th September 2019.
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted