THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Program Officer – Prevention (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head -Prevention Unit (PU)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in focused HIV Testing services in the country, that trickles down to each testing point and overseeing all the HIV Testing Services initiatives that are being implemented in the country
- Ensure that sustainable, high quality and client focused HTS are being implemented across all the regions
- Provide Technical support to each Individual partner who wants to implement new innovations that allow access to HIV testing services in the country.
- Review of HTS Implementing Partners reports and develop quarterly reports.
- Ensure that all tools for HTS are up to date and available at every testing point.
- Coordinate the processes of developing and reviewing guidelines, tools and training package for HTS and ensure wide dissemination.
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate systematic scale up of Index client testing and social network testing.
- Coordinate Technical Partners who are implementing HIV Testing Services so that they implement in accordance to HSHSP.
- Represent NACP in other HTS related Technical working.
- Guide and steer the development of costed national strategies to guide investments
- Responsible for implementation of activities under the MoHCDGEC while ensuring delivery of quality services and assurance thereof
- Tracking performance of grants and grant results, including preparation of PU/PUDR
- Availability of and assurance of data to support decisions, including undertaking periodic national DQR
Experience and Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (MD) or a relevant health related degree
- Three to five years working experience in HIV testing services Have a Master in Public Health iv. Have Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and facilitation skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences & understanding of the political & ethical issues surrounding HIV Testing Services
- Computer skills including, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong communication skills
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020