Title Programme Analyst – SB4
Job ID 22230
End Date 08/04/2019
Duty Station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will report directly to the LFI Global manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Support to Programme Management: 30%
• Support in the development, monitoring and implementation of the LFI programme ensuring coherence with UNCDF and LFI programme document;
• Perform/coordinate the elaboration of the reports required to meet requirements of the programme framework including work plans, progress reports and mission reports and the organization/coordination of programme governance bodies meetings to ensure smooth implementation of the LFI Programmes;
• Develop and maintain programme information repositories including those of other LFI programmes and serves as an internal consultant and shares knowledge with the team;
• Follow-up programmatic/operational issues emerging from missions and discussions with projects sponsors, government partners and other stakeholders as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge Management and Reporting 50%
• Provide quality control to the project reporting process in line with UNCDF guidelines, and established UN editorial procedures;
• Editing, revising and rewriting as needed to produce high quality, timely, results-based progress and project end reports aligned with UNCDF established standards and formats;
• Prepare specific report-related feedback for focal points and others engaged in resource mobilization, to enhance and improve donor intelligence to support those efforts, and contribute to institutional knowledge-sharing;
• Prepare specific report-related feedback to management throughout the report preparation process, flagging problematic issues;
• Engage fully in established processes among progress reporting colleagues to improve quality control, workflow, and efficiency; and provide ongoing feedback and input on other such innovations and improvements;
• Produce summaries of all reports for use as UNCDF knowledge products available on the projects;
• Participate actively in reporting training meetings, briefings, discussions as required, to support the programme adherence to results-based, high-quality, timely reporting principles;
• Prepare end-of-year acknowledgements for signature by the management thanking partners for their contributions to projects and programmes;
• Contribute to capacity development efforts for new colleagues and editors, in collaboration with other team members;
• Undertake any other tasks as required that relate to maintaining good donor relations through the reporting cycle;
Administration, procurement and logistics support 20%
• Provide general and comprehensive logistic support in the organization of international and local missions, internal and external meetings, workshops and trainings and any other required activity.
Serve as back-up for team members upon request and as needed;
Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• People Management
• Sustainable Development
• Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
• Development Planning and Monitoring
• Relationship Management
• Results-based Management
• Project Management
• Knowledge Management
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Media, Communication, Investments, or Business.
• Minimum 7 years of experience total in the relevant area of expertise. Specifically, a minimum of 3 years of high-level experience in writing, editing, reporting, and communicating complex programmatic information in reader-friendly formats and styles;
• Demonstrated abilities and track record writing high-quality reports and information;
• Understanding of international development, resource mobilization, and the UN context;
• Strong ability to MS Word, Power Point and Excel effectively
• Excellent command in written and spoken English
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE