Programme Management Specialist – Consultant
Advertised on behalf of : UN Women
Location : Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Application Deadline : 16-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 10d 22h 46m
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide technical assistance to the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project to ensure timely and quality development of Project Documents, results frameworks; implementation plans and monitoring tools. Specifically, the consultancy has the following objectives:
- Provide substantive technical advice to seven Wanawake Wanaweza II Implementing Partners (IPs) on the review and development of Project Documents, Results Frameworks (RFs), evidence-based monitoring tools and workplans, as per organizational RBM standards.
- Provide strategic and specialized technical advice to the 7 Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners on the development of monitoring and reporting mechanisms to support programme implementation, monitoring and progress reporting;
- Develop, coordinate and provide training on results-based management to the Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners under the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project;
- Contribute to the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project and contribute to their global dissemination.
- Project Documents, results frameworks, workplans and monitoring tools developed for seven Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners;
- Strategic and specialized technical advice provided to the implementing partners on the development of monitoring and reporting mechanisms to support programme implementation, monitoring and progress reporting;
- Training on results-based management to the implementing partners under the Wanawake Wanaweza II partners conducted;
- Final report on the assignment, including best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of Wanawake Wanaweza II.
Fees and terms of payments: Payment will be made in three installments as follows:
• 30% upon submission of compressive draft project documents, results frameworks, workplans;
• 30% on the submission of final project documents results framework, workplans and monitoring tools;
• 20% training on results-based management to the implementing partners conducted;
• 20% upon final submission and approval assignment report.
The consultancy shall be undertaken over a period of 40 days that will start running from the date of signing the consultancy agreement.
The consultant is expected to develop and submit a work plan as a pre-requisite for signing of agreement.
Deliverables Estimated Duration
Submission of seven draft project documents, results frameworks, workplans 20 working days
Submission of final project documents, results frameworks, workplans and monitoring tools 10 working days
Training on results-based management to the implementing partners conducted. Submission of a training report 5 working days
Final submission of the assignment report 5 working days
Required Functional Competencies
• Excellent technical knowledge on programme formulation, implementation and monitoring skills
• Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management
• Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation
• Results driven, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Demonstrate commitment to upholding and promoting the values of the United Nations in actions and decisions, in line with the UN code of Conduct;
• Strong networking skills.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely and high-quality delivery of Project Documents, including design and formulation results frameworks; implementations plan, monitoring tools and budgets;
• Timely and high-quality delivery of training on results-based management to the implementing partners;
• Relations with the national consultant and stakeholders;
• Timely and quality reporting.
Core Values/Guiding Principles
• Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women and UNESCO in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
• Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organizations and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
• Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
• Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
• Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required
• A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
• At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, including programme design, programme coordination, monitoring and reporting and capacity building on results-based management;
• Experience in working in a gender related area is an asset;
• Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing;
• Proven experience in leading teams effectively.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Knowledge in Kiswahili is an asset
Submission of Application and Criteria for Selection
Interested international consultants need to submit the following documentation in support of their application:
• One cover letter: Explaining why the candidate is the most suitable for the work;
• Proposed approach and envisioned work plan;
• All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History Form (P11), which can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
• Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN women P-11 form willl be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
• The travel costs will be as per UN Standard Regulations.