Job Title: Programme Officer for ACATI project
Jobs at: Tanzanian Civil Society Forum on Climate Change (FORUMCC)
Deadline of this Job: 30th April 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa , 00000 , TZ
JOB DETAILS: Tanzanian Civil Society Forum on Climate Change (FORUMCC) is an association of civil society organizations committed to work on climate change in their own programmes as well as through advocacy. It links up local environment and climate change organizations across a range of sectors. It was initiated in October 2008 and formally registered in early 2013. The purpose of the forum is to ensure effective and informed engagement of Civil Society Organizations in Tanzania on Climate Change issues for the benefit of the environment and people in poverty who are affected. It is therefore established to provide leadership and CSOs mobilization, lobbying and advocacy for accountable climate actions, information sharing and climate change policy engagement.
FORUMCC in partnership with Ilala Municipal Council (IMC), Singida District Council (SDC) and Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) is implementing a project entitled “Accountable Climate Actions and Finance Transparency Initiative” (ACATI) funded by European Union. The project aims to strengthen national and local CSOs to advocate and engage the Government to act responsibly and collaborate in relation to environment and climate resilience; Enhance civil societies knowledge, skills and access to information to advocate for improved transparency, coherence and alignment of climate finance, and accounttable climate actions; Develop sustainable platforms for collaborative engagement on climate actions between civil society and local authorities.
Thus, the Programme Officer will be responsible for overall implementation of the project and reporting. FORUMCC is currently looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable Programme Officer to enhance the impact of our work..
Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep abreast of relevant initiatives, policy developments and relevant initiatives nationally and internationally
• Interact and work with Executive Director and FORUMCC ACATI partners in implementing ACATI activities.
• Prepare quarterly detail plan with budget and activity action plan in line with ACATI annual work plan.
• Support and facilitate workshops, seminars, learning sessions and dissemination of information and reports to members, key stakeholders and the general public.
• Support, facilitate development of M&E tools and its implementation in collaboration with ACATI partners and manage data collation, analysis and report writing in line with boundary partners’ progress makers.
• Travel to support and facilitate ACATI partners and boundary partners in the implementation and monitoring of the programme activities.
• Synthesize and summarize information to be uploaded on the FORUMCC website, FB page, twitter, Instagram and other social media.
• To maintain various official programme documents and produce to programme manager as need arises.
• Work with FORUMCC administrative and program management staff to drive organizational efficiencies, impact, and overall improvements.
• Ensure timely achievement of outcomes, financial consistence, and reporting; for effective teamwork, timely implementation and efficient internal and external programme communications.
• Link and support other projects, members and key stakeholders with relevant issues where FORUMCC work comes into confluence.
• Develop strategic partnerships, resources and maintain a strong network of relationships with members and key players in the climate arena to enhance the impact of the Programme
• To provide progress and annual report of the programme
• Represent the organization in various meetings and for a, in connection with current and new initiatives when appropriate.
Programming & Proposal Development:
• Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to FORUMCC strategy by working closely with key stakeholders in developing proposals for a variety of donors to meet local community needs that are aligned to FORUMCC Strategic Plan.
• Anticipate, plan for and write proposals with high win rate. Lead in the selection of sectors and geographic areas which maximize FORUMCC program impact, cost efficiency and donor preferences or requirements.
• Regularly review project evaluations, lessons learned workshop documents, field and project reports across the program and from other NGOs and donors to apply emerging innovations and best practices in future proposals
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Climate Studies, Renewable Energy, Development Studies, Environmental and Natural Resource Management or related fields.
• University degree in social and/or relevant environmental or, natural sciences.
• At least 5 years of professional experience, working with NGOs and networking with stakeholders; a track record of significant achievement in a discipline related to climate change.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills are a requirement
• Experience in implementing community mobilization, broad-based awareness raising, advocacy, lobbying and capacity building (e.g training, workshop facilitation and capacity building) is preferable.
• Practical experience in organization development, civil society engagement, communication, lobbying and policy advocacy engaging civil society, private sector and government on sustainable energy-related issues is a requirement
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job application procedure
FORUMCC is a equal opportunity employer and this position is open to all. Suitable candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Internal candidates should submit an expression of interest. All applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with application letter, copy of certificates, curriculum vitae with three referees (immediate and previous employers, supervisors). The closing date for this application is April 30th 2019. If you have not heard from us within one week after closing date, you can assume your application was not successful.