Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization to uphold human dignity, promote human rights and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, strategic-thinking and result-oriented Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Programme officer to work on the development of NCA’s programme activities in line with the Country Strategic Plan and NCA policies with ecumenical and interfaith partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of NCA country programme
· Responsible for development of the monitoring and evaluation framework
· Responsible for follow up of recommendations from evaluations and reviews to ensure continuous learning and effective project management
· Assist NCA and its partners in grant proposal writing, reporting and documentation of impacts according to NCA and donors’ requirements
· Prepare progress report and annual reports on activities and share them with partners and other stakeholders
· Function as a resource person in order to improve planning, monitoring, and reporting requirements of partner organizations
· Compile, review and submit periodical, annual and situational plans and reports from the partners to the Programme Manager
· Monitor the implementation of projects and ensure evaluations of the impact of the programmes/projects
· Develop/organize training opportunities to build the capacity of the local partners in order to transfer skills
· Contribute to cross-programme integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices from other NCA activities and programmes
· As a member of the program team, contribute to the strategic direction of the Tanzania programme and advise, monitor and follow up the implementation of goals and objectives of the country programme
· Tanzanian national with a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Education, Social Science, Theology or related, relevant topics from a recognized learning institution.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience with relevant public or private institution.
· Strong social science research skills with practical knowledge in application of both quantitative and qualitative research methods in development work context.
· Proven experience in PMER, grant and project management
· Good knowledge on Tanzanian development policies and key issues affecting economic and social development in Tanzania.
· Experience with evaluations and monitoring including the development and tracking of indicators
· Excellent report writing, communication and facilitation skills.
· Knowledge on policies and standards for quality development programs
· Ability to facilitate learning processes.
· Experience in grant writing and related dialogue with donors.
· Experience in working with faith institutions in development work context.
· Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point).
· The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/ tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
· Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional inter-action with NCA Head Office in Norway and 17 country offices world-wide will apply.
· Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
· Systematic, analytical, dynamic, strategic and result oriented
· Energetic and enterprising
· Team player with good collaboration skills
· Ability to train and build capacity
· Good people skills, including relationship building with partners and donors
· Ability to travel domestically and international
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to the address email@example.com. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. . Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought during the interview. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. Interviews will take place last weeks of September 2020. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is 7th Sept 2020.