Project Accountant VACANCY at World Vision Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
For the development, management and smooth running of all financial management to the projects;
For timely and accurate response to the financial requirements of Donors and WV
For overseeing the financial contracts we hold with partners
When required, provide financial training for program and partner staff.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1-10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
(Accountabilities and results)
|1.1||Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity.||15|
|1.2||Ensure timely submission of financial reports to Support Office||10|
|1.3||Lead in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.||15|
|1.4||Provide lead in budgetary control to ensure that activities are implemented within approved budget||15|
|1.5||Establish internal controls using policy and guidelines and generally accepted accounting standards for the prevention of waste and fraud||10|
|1.6||Ensure that project procurements are done on timely basis and as per WV policies||15|
|1.7||Perform Monthly financial analysis and share with project management for decision making||5|
|1.8||Ensure all project staff timely fill and submit their Labour Distribution Reports||5|
|1.9||Provide timely responses on project financial related matters||5|
|1.10||Facilitate annual project audits & monitor implementation of audit recommendations||5|
PROFILE: Core Capabilities: (proficiency levels; 1=developing 2 =proficient 3=advanced)
|Core Capability||Proficiency level
(1, 2, 3)
|Examples of advanced proficiencies
(A full list of indicators available in Core Capabilities into Job Descriptions – A Manager’s Guide)
|Achieving quality results and service||2||1||Example:|
|Practicing accountability and integrity||2||1|
|Communicating information effectively||2||1|
|Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly||2||1||Example:|
|Understanding the Humanitarian industry||1||1|
|Understanding WV’s mission & operations||1||1|
|Practicing innovation & change||2||1|
|Demonstrating Christ-centred life and work||2||1||Example:|
|Learning for growth and development||2||1|
|Maintaining work/life balance||2||1|
|Building collaborative relationships||2||2||Example:|
|Practicing gender & cultural diversity||1||1|
|Influencing individuals & groups||2||1|
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Education/Knowledge & experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Equivalent with minimum of five years in progressive working experience in similar environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Preferred CPA/ACCA
- Grant Certification is a must.
- Strong experience in grants and contracts is a must
- Experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems software.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Experience in managing donor funds
- Working knowledge of WV/USAID/Other grants operations, finance services and practices
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public