Project Community Mobilization Officer
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
POSITION: PROJECT COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION OFFICER
Duty Station: Simanjiro-Orkasumet (Manyara Region)
Reports to: WASH Engineer
Duration of Contract: 10 Months
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Responsible for the implementation and supervision of all planned WASH community
- Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification and implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Responsible for liaising with government officials and other stakeholders for the planning and implementation of all WASH community
- Demonstrable knowledge on hygiene promotion approaches for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g. hand washing, menstrual hygiene management, COVID-19, sexual and reproductive health).
- Implement and develop hygiene promotion activities and campaigns
- Compile and collect field data for evaluation indicators of verifiable objectives of the
- Advice the project Wash Engineer on how to improve WASH interventions with the agropastoral
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual activity and progress
- Active in detecting community needs and suggest future interventions
- Preparation of activity concept notes, activity plan, compilation field data and
- Maintaining work relationship with Co-workers, beneficiaries, and district council for a good image of the organization.
- Organizing, verifying and filling of project source of verification documents and ensuring safety of all Red Cross materials and
- Strengthening of Red Cross branch and sub-branches, and dissemination of the Red Cross to communities in Manyara
- Promoting WASH awareness, facilitation to community and supervision of construction of sanitation facilities.
- To facilitate procurement activities at field level as per TRCS procurement
- To facilitate financial management of the project activities as per TRCS
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time
- Work closely with the Spanish Red Cross Delegate in the area, provide support for the good running of the operation.
MOST RELEVANT SKILLS:
- Experienced in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) promotion
- Community and social skills to mobilise the community
- Trained and experienced in risk communication and community engagement (RCCE)
- Administrative skills
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development/Public Health
- At least 3 years working experience in community development projects, especially community public health, and WASH interventions, and at least 1-year Red Cross
- Public Relations and good communications
- Language Skills Swahili and Knowledge of Masaai language will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than February 14th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected]