Project Coordinator and Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high- quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions:
Position Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR AND MONITORING AND EVALUATION LEAD – (1 POSITION)
The Project Coordinator / Monitoring and Evaluation for the EC Private and Public Collaboration Project aims to support both public and private health systems improvement around infectious diseases. The project Coordinator and Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will oversee the overall implementation of the project, assume technical leadership and will be responsible for the project deliverables. S/he will lead and provide technical inputs in implementation of the project components and to improve and facilitate the project performance and ensure robust monitoring and evaluation strategy and frameworks are in place.
- Oversee project processes and activities to ensure key project deliverables including clinical and capability building program achieve safe and quality healthcare outcomes.
- Implement project plans and strategies to ensure the activities are relevant to the health systems that it aspires to serve.
- Manage performance of key project components in procurement, digital health and capacity building initiatives
- Undertake appropriate strategies to enhance access to the health facilities through this grant within the partners.
- Develop and implement an overall project monitoring and evaluation strategy and frameworks that will ensure timely information and feedback to project stakeholders; develop the ability of key decision makers to communicate and manage information effectively;
- Continually monitor outcomes and satisfaction of key beneficiaries and take appropriate steps to ensure a high level of patient and staff safety using the framework of the standards of care.
- Ensure the donor policies are institutional systems and protocols are effectively utilized that facilitate communications between the project team and other stakeholders. With the project team and stakeholder groups, conduct monitoring activities and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Work with marketing and communication department to develop and implement a robust promotion of services under the grant.
- Strengthen areas of collaboration and cultivate positive relationships among Government, healthcare communities in private sector and funding partner.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement that fosters collaboration between health professionals in public and private sector.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Health Care, Allied Health or Epidemiology or in Business Administration
- A degree in any clinical discipline will be an added advantage
- 5 to 7 years of executive-level experience in project and data management / Health Care Administration etc
- Extensive knowledge of current health care administration, principles and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of management principles, practices and procedures including accounting & finance, purchasing, people management, facilities, human resource and related supporting services
- Ability to analyze operational data and employ approved management techniques to obtain maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to interpret established policies into operating procedures to facilitate implementation of EC funded programs.
- Ability to evaluate concerns of the public, patient and employee groups and translate such concerns into effective operational solutions
- Excellent people management, interpersonal, leadership and delegation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management, presentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent and positive influencing skills at a senior customer and stakeholder levels.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 March 2021