Title: Project Coordinator
- The East African Community (EAC) has been partnered with the Global Alliance for Livestock Veterinary Medicines (GALVmed) since 2011 working towards a standardized and harmonized approach for registering veterinary medicines in EAC Partner States leading to a Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP). In order to strengthen the human resource capacity for coordination and implementation of the EAC-GALVmed project and in order to provide regulatory support to GALVmed’s projects and initiatives, we are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, result-driven and qualified professional from one of the EAC Partner States (the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of South Sudan, the Republic of Uganda and the united Republic of Tanzania).
Overall Purpose of the Position
- To coordinate the East African Community’s Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP) for the registration of veterniary medicines and to provide registration and regulatory support to GALVmed projects and initiatives including engagement with relevant stakeholders on systemic issues relating to regulation of veterinary medicines in developing countries.
The position will fulfil two main functions
- Coordinator for the EAC Mutual Recongition Procedure (0.6 FTE)
Regulatory Scientist supporting GALVmed projects & activities (0.4 FTE)
Duties & Responsibilities
EAC MRP Coordinator (0.6 FTE)
- Develop, validate and implement a sustainability strategy for the EAC MRP initiative;
- Coordinate communication between relevant parties and oversee the implementation of MRP;
- Position and represent the MRP initiative including creating awareness of its benefits, sharing best practice & lessons learned;
- Report progress and status of the MRP initiative to EAC organs, GALVmed and donors as may be required;
- Ensure all MRP related documents are reviewed, updated and made publicly available; and
- Organise and facilitate MRP related meetings and trainings.
- Regulatory Scientist (0.4 FTE)
- Advise and facilitate registration of veterinary medicines;
- Provide registration and regulatory support to GALVmed projects and initiatives such as TAHSSL and FMD projects; and
- Engage relevant stakeholders on systematic issues relating to regulation of veterinary medicines
Qualificiations & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biosciences, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine or relevant field. A Master’s degree in relevant field will be a definite advantage;
- At least 5 years of regulatory affairs or related experience;
- Experience working in the animal health industry or related regulatory field;
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement and partnership building;
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to juggle priorities, coordinate activities and work with various teams;
- Ability to gain a strong understanding of the work of EAC and of GALVmed and share their respective visions and philosophy; and
- Experience in and comfortable communicating with a variety of audiences including animal health industry, heads of regulatory agencies.
Please visit our websites https://www.galvmed.org/vacancies/careers and/or https://www.eac.int/opportunities/employment to review the job description in full and to find out more about EAC & GALVmed. Application is by CV with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also advise on which advertising source you viewed this vacancy.
Closing Date by which applications must be received is Sunday, 5th January 2020.