Tanzania Women Initiatives for Development Organization (TAWIDO) is a non-governmental Organization led and established by women in 2011 registered in 2013 and obtained its compliance registration certificate under NGO Act of 2002. TAWIDO is operating in 10 regions namely Kagera, Tanga, Mtwara, Coast, Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Mwanza, Dodoma, Shinyanga and Iringa regions. TAWIDO use international commitments such as a Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a measure of competence and performance for improved standards of living for the communities they work for Tanzania.
Vision: An inclusive society respecting the rights of women in Tanzania
Mission: A Non Governmental Organization exists to advocate for the rights and emancipation of Tanzania women to access social, economic and political available opportunities.
TAWIDO in collaboration with PHSRF are happy to announce the following positions for qualified people to apply.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (1 Post).
Project Coordinator is responsible for developing, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor. The Project Coordinator then ensures that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). She/He ensures the project is effectively resourced and manages relationship with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
Position Report to Executive Director
The work carried out by Project Coordinator but in general, tasks are likely to include:
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Liase with other staff, stakeholders, beneficiaries/clients to identify and define Project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Monitor and track Project’s progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Develop network and maintain coordination or communication with community and other Stakeholders.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive Project documentation, plans and reports.
- Promoting changes, within Organization and wider community.
- Working, preparing, delivering presentations and workshops.
- Evaluate and document skills during and after training programs.
- Strategize methods to retain existing supporters and assess needs to establish new support resources.
- Working, Preparing, delivering presentations and workshops to staff, stakeholders and partner organizations.
- The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Writing and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually report to Executive Director. Ø Do any other officially assigned tasks by immediate supervisor/ Executive Director.
- Bachelor Degree/Masters in a Public Health or Project Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Ability to manage conflicts. ii. An ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong Planning, Organizing, Documenting and Communication skills.
- Basic Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to speak read and write in Swahili and English Language.
- Proficiency in the use of Computers.
- Basic package of computer application.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Knowledge on Key Population and Sexual Minority will be added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
The TAWIDO provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and if you are interested, you are encouraged to apply to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org