Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Operations Officer
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely operate EpiC vehicle in accordance with Tanzania Traffic Laws
- Carry out different inspection of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Carry out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities such as flat tyres during any road breakdowns.
- Update all vehicle documents such as car registration and insurance.
- Maintain a car logbook, fuel and oil requisition book and prepare a logbook summary each day.
- Maintain cleanliness of the motor vehicle.
- Collect and deliver documents, parcels or mails as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Well kept and maintained allocated vehicle.
- Transport services provided to project staff and official visitors.
- Observed traffic rules and defensive driving.
- Vehicle logbook and other documentation kept up to date
- Accurate and timely delivery of project documents, mails and parcels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Clear Class C driving license
- Certificate of Secondary Education
- Certificate from a reputable Driving College
- Long distance driving experience
- At least two years’ experience as a driver, with preference for experience with USAID or other International Organization
- Basic knowledge in mechanics and vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Good English and Swahili communication skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and longer hours when periodically required.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter, current CV to
Chief of Party,
Through: – email@example.com
JSI Research & Training Institute Inc.
Regent Street, Plot No. 28
Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam
January 26, 2020. Applicants must state their preferred job location. Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a well-
qualified person is identified. JSI – R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.