Job Title: Project Finance & Administration Coordinator – Dodoma
Programme: Children in Crossfire, Tanzania Duty Station: Dodoma, Tanzania
Reports to: Dodoma Project Manager, and Start Date: January 2020
Children in Crossfire Tanzania Finances and Administration Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed Term for 3-Years
Children in Crossfire (CiC) is an Irish-based international NGO whose purpose is to respond to the rights and needs of young children caught in the crossfire of global poverty and injustice. Children in Crossfire Tanzania focuses on increasing access to quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) supporting children’s developmental needs and giving them a chance to reach their fullest potential.
The new phase of Children in Crossfire Tanzania’s ECD programming will see the implementation of a flagship pre-primary education (PPE) project in Dodoma region from 2020 – 2022. The project intends to support the implementation of PPE model streams across all wards of Chamwino and Kongwa district councils in Year-1, and then to support the systemic scaling-up of quality-improved PPE delivery across all government primary schools of Chamwino and Kongwa districts in Year-2, and all schools across the remaining 6 councils of Dodoma region in Year-3. There will also be a pilot component to the project that explores the viability of community-based ECD Centres for early learners aged 3-4 years and their effective transition into pre-primary education. The new project to be known as Integrated School Readiness Programme (ISRP) Dodoma, or more popularly ‘Watoto Wetu Tunu Yetu Dodoma’, is in line with the aspired medium-term growth and direction of Children in Crossfire Tanzania as outlined in our 5-Year results framework for 2017-2021.
Context of the role
Children in Crossfire Tanzania (Children in Crossfire Tanzania) is currently recruiting for the position of Project Finance and Administration Coordinator. Reporting to both the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Finances and Administration Coordinator and Children in Crossfire Tanzania Dodoma Project Manager, the successful candidate will provide lead responsibility for both the financial and office administrative needs of the Dodoma Project, including Dodoma Project Office. This role will ensure transparent and accountable project finance management to the required high standards. Additionally, the position is responsible for efficient support of project staff administration, and wider project logistics and operational administration. This will better place the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Dodoma Project to deliver on its ambitious results, while demonstrating accountability and value for money.
- Lead responsibility for finance management of the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Dodoma Project Office, adhering to organisational policy, practice and procedures, as well as additional donor conditions for project finance reporting.
- Lead responsibility for carrying out all necessary administrative duties in relation to the Dodoma Project Office as required.
- Lead responsibility for implementation of HR practices in accordance with Children in Crossfire Tanzania staff handbook and guidance from Children in Crossfire Tanzania Country Office.
Primary Financial Objectives (70%)
- Develop, maintain and monitor systems of internal control which help safeguard project resources, in adherence with the policy, practice and procedures outlined in the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Finance Manual.
- Provide input to developing and consolidating project budgets, ensuring ongoing implementation and monitoring thereafter.
- Process all financial transactions, ensuring appropriate levels of bank and cash balances to enable project implementation.
- Ensure that project financial transactions are in line with eligibility and other conditions stipulated by the donor.
- Manage local project procurement processes as per donor and organisational procedures including sourcing quotations and ensuring value for money.
- Maintain proper books of account for the project ensuring that finance transactions are properly captured, recorded and filed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare project monthly management accounts, perform cash and bank reconciliations, and ensure that relevant ledgers are maintained in line with project accounts.
- Extract project financial reports on monthly basis or more often as required and facilitate project management discussion on budget performance.
- Develop, maintain and enhance project finance reporting structures for both internal and external requirements, ensuring timely, accurate and relevant information available.
- Build the finance capacity of non-finances project staff to be able to manage project finances and safeguard project assets to high standards of transparency and accountability.
- Provide project finances and administrative support to internal and external auditing processes on the Dodoma project and office operations.
- Report at a line management level to the Dodoma Project Manager on a monthly basis or more often if required on all aspects of your work including the KPI’s outlined in your annual workplan.
- Report at a finances functional level including availing full cooperation to the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Primary Administrative Objectives (15%)
- Carry out all necessary administrative duties in relation to the Dodoma office as required.
- Maintenance of Dodoma Project asset register, and general oversight of sound use and maintenance of project assets.
- Ensure effective oversight of the transport policy and related project assets including project vehicle and motorcycles.
- Manage effective implementation of Children in Crossfire Tanzania protocol for ICT management.
- Ensure efficient and effective physical and online filing system of all Dodoma Project information and documentation, including proper archive, back-up, filing system, and accessibility protocol.
- Manage general project office contractual agreements.
- Provide finance, administrative and logistical support to the project staff team during large event organization.
Primary Human Resource administration Objectives (15%)
- Ensure implementation of HR practices in accordance with Children in Crossfire Tanzania staff handbook and guidance from Children in Crossfire Tanzania Country Office.
- Liaise with the Children in Crossfire Tanzania Country Office on any matters relating to HR.
- Ensure project staff personnel files are maintained with due confidentiality including advising Children in Crossfire Tanzania Country Office on any contractual issues.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure effective implementation of project staff performance management system.
- Provide line management and general capacity-building support to the Project Office Assistant/Driver position.
- Report on a monthly basis or more often as required to the Dodoma Project Manager and Children in Crossfire Tanzania Finances and Administration Coordinator on objectives and general role performance.
This role is considered to present a medium-rating of safeguarding risk. The role will be primarily office-based, with limited field work in schools and communities or direct interaction with children and vulnerable adults.
- Qualified in an Accounting related qualification or other degree-level Finance-related qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a finance management position.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of finance management in context of development projects, including implementing financial control systems at field level.
- Proven skills in MS Office and finance-specific software.
- Previous finance management experience in an NGO setting.
- Familiarity with the accountabilities and donor conditions for project funding, particularly UKAID project funding.
- Experience of providing administrative and logistical support across development projects.
- Experience of supporting Human Resource policies, procedures, and projects.
- Fluent in written and spoken Swahili and English
- Understanding of key principles of safeguarding and child protection.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and take initiative
- Committed to the aims and values of Children in Crossfire, and work as part of the team
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Carry out your work with integrity
Access application form – Application Form_Dodoma Project Finances Administration Coordinator_Oct2019
Application Forms (with any accompanying letters) should be returned by email to: [email protected]
Please state in the subject field the title of the position you wish to apply for.
The Deadline for submission is: 11.59pm EAT on Sunday 10th November 2019.