PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the United. State (US). President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024. EpiC provides strategic Technical Assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and Priority Populations (PP). EpiC Tanzania will build the capacity of local, community-based organizations and work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups. Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
The objective for EpiC are:-
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women and
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among KVPs (FSW and MSM)
- Improve program management (including HIS and HRH) and financial systems to ensure attainment and maintenance of epidemic control.
For the financial year 2020-2021, PHSRF is seeking energetic and professional candidates to fill for the vacant positions as below.
Job Title: Project Manager (1 positions)
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Type ; 12 month with renewal based on performance and availability funds.
Overall job functions
The Project manager will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of community interventions for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region S/he will work closely with EpiC regional teams, Kinondoni Health Management Teams, Health care providers Civil Society Organizations and other key stakeholders to ensure high-quality program implementation. As the member of senior technical leadership, S/he will update PHSRF and FHI/EpiC on Project progress.
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Conduct programmatic mapping and size estimation and micro-planning in order to determine locations where KVPs can be reached with HIV services.
- Promote Social and Behaviour change communications among the KVP.
- Support the activities to increase access to SRHS through provision of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) friendly services.
- Strengthening partnerships with the community, facility partners and other implementing partners.
- Manage the Roll out of comprehensive PrEP services for Priority Populations (PP)
- Manage HIV case detection mechanisms through targeted approaches to increases HIV positivity yield
- Implement an Integrating FP, STI screening, and TB preventive therapy as well as Linkage to prevention care and treatment
- Implement effective systems to early identification, tracking and return to care of defaulters and those LTFU.
- Implement an Enhanced Peer Outreach Approach (EPOA)
- Implement a demand creation for HIV including ART initiation to reach viral load suppression services.
- Support the Roll out comprehensive PrEP services for KP.
- Supporting ART initiation, retention and Viral Load Suppression among KVP
- Conduct Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly data verification.
- Organize and facilitate internal weekly and monthly data review meetings with project technical staff and Senior Management.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports to FHI360, EpiC Project as well as Conducting an internal data quality audits and Quality Assurance.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Nursing or equivalent Medical Degree from a recognized academic institution.
- Preferably Master of Public Health (MPH) with former qualifications in health or social sciences
- : Extensive experience in working with civil society, community stakeholders and government officials
- At least 3 years of working experience in HIV care and/or HIV prevention with a donor-funded organization.
- Experience working with KVP program is an added advantage
- Experience in developing and executing work plans, budgets, reports, etc.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV only via email: DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES
Closing Dates: On 22nd September 2020 at 17:00hrs