Project Manager for the ASCENT Project – Tanzania
Closing date: 5 July 2019
Duty Station: Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam
Information and application via www.kncvtbc.org/tz1907
This vacancy is subject to grant award and funding
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to represent the ASCENT project in Tanzania and supervise the ASCENT project team. The ASCENT Project Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the project including the development of country operational plans, budgets, implementation, monitoring, and reporting. He/she coordinates and works closely together with the coalition partners of ASCENT, the National TB program, the Global Fund, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to successfully implement the ASCENT country project. The ASCENT Project Manager manages a team of 8 project staff.
Place in the organization
The ASCENT Project Manager supervises the project team of local staff and reports to the ASCENT Project Management Team at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As Project Manager you will:
• Provide overall technical leadership and management of the ASCENT project;
• Lead the project life cycle: from annual planning, implementation to monitoring and reporting;
• Support key project human resource activities;
• Ensure high quality and timely delivery on all contractual and programmatic obligations;
• Build capacity of, and supervise the ASCENT project team to ensure high performance and technical leadership to enable them to build the capacity of local partners;
• Report on project milestones and progress to the Project Management Team at KNCV HQ
• Maintain partner relations and coordination among stakeholders (e.g. NTP, MOH, GF);
• Leverage project learnings to define country implementation package and scale-up strategy
• Contribute to country-specific implementation strategy in national and regional fora, guideline committees and TB working groups;
• Oversee relevant national and regional policy developments on digital health, adherence support and identify strategic opportunities to contribute to policy development.
Who are we looking for?
• Relevant degree in public health, medicine, project management, or related field
• Demonstrated experience managing health project(s) (ideally in TB) (at least five years);
• Excellent understanding of project planning processes;
• Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects;
• Proven experience in and affinity with specific technical areas related to the project, i.e. digital health solutions;
• Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
• Proven experience with stakeholder involvement, managing stakeholder relations and strengthening partnerships;
• Demonstrated experience in cooperating with governments, lobby & advocacy;
• Experience with donor rules and regulations;
• Good understanding of Global Fund development and implementation
• Report writing skills, knowledge of M&E cycles;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills
• A team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff;
• Able to delegate tasks;
• Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network;
• Planning and organizing;
• Culturally sensitive.
What do we offer?
• A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
• An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
• A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
• The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
• KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE