Tanzania Association of Microfinance Institutions (TAMFI) is an umbrella organization for Microfinance Institutions and other industry stakeholders operating in the microfinance sector in Tanzania. TAMFI was legally registered as a Non-Governmental Organization on 31st August 2001 under the Societies Act of Tanzania. In order to enhance sustainability, the organization is expecting to undertake several projects with objective of strengthening its services to members (MFIs).
In this view, with a support from the Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC), TAMFI is inviting suitable applications to fill in the position below..
The Project Officer will report to the Executive Secretary of TAMFI.
The Project Officer will provide technical support to TAMFI Management. He/She will coordinate all project activities and provide advice in areas of business strategy, consultancy services, members services and training programs, among others. He/She will advise the Management on investment strategies in order to ensure TAMFI is operating sustainably.
- Supervise and coordinate planning and implementation of project activities
- Prepare proposals and liaise with the Executive Secretary in developing work-plans, consultancies, recruitment, budgeting and disbursements.
- Liaise with the Accountant on procurement, logistics, budgets and disbursements.
- Support and monitor timely implementation of work plans and budgets according to the proposed annual work plans, ensuring project priorities are addressed and budget compliance is achieved.
- Support the tracking and reviewing of project M&E plan and the reaching of project deliverables. Control the achievement of the agreed project goals within the position holder’s area of responsibility and ensure the quality of the implemented measures through continuous monitoring and evaluation Prepare terms of reference and identify consultants/institutions to undertake assignments in accordance with approved annual action plan, and submit required documentation to the Executive Secretary for approval;
- Provide advice and support to members e.g. in creating training plans, preparing training materials, organizing trainings in the field, budgeting, and alike and Organize relevant study trips, meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Organize and facilitate exchange of experiences, ideas and achievements between TAMFI and its partner organizations within Tanzania, East African region and globally
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, members, products and services
- Plan, execute, coordinate and control all technical and organizational aspects of activities. These activities include developing strategy and business plans, procedure manuals, needs-based products and services for the organization and members
- Engage in awareness raising or membership campaigns; communicating with local promoters, stakeholders and beneficiaries; supporting short-term missions of local or international experts; etc.
- Ensure appropriate use and management of all resources in a transparent manner
- Implement and develop TAMFI programs together with other stakeholders in the microfinance sector and ensure achievement of program objectives
- Provide progress reports and financial reports as and when required by TAMFI management and its partners
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with TAMFI members, partner organizations (including SBFIC) and other relevant stakeholders
- Perform other responsibilities as agreed with TAMFI Executive Secretary and/or partners.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or alike
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the areas business development, especially in banking and microfinance
- Minimum of 3 years of project/program management experience at the level of middle or senior management
- Experience in consulting and advisory services (implementing processes and business models) is a plus
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (spoken and written)
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism
Deployment location: Main work location for the Project Officer will be Dar es Salaam. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and may occur occasionally.
Contract Period: The Contract shall be for two years with possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply:
Interested applicant should send his/her application (electronically) with cover letter,CV and 1- 2 pages of Concept Note that explains how he/she will make a member-based association like TAMFI a sustainable organization to the undersigned by 4th September 2020
The Executive Secretary,
Tanzania Association of Microfinance Institutions (TAMFI),
P. O. Box 950,
Dar Es Salaam.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.