Hours of work: Full time, 37 hours per week
Location: Mbeya, Tanzania
Role type: Fixed term (annual – renewable based on successful performance)
Traidcraft Exchange is focused in bringing people together to use the power of trade to create sustainable solutions to poverty. In partnership with SHIVYAWATA (Tanzania Federation of Disabled Peoples Organizations) it is implementing an agri-business development programme titled ‘Promoting the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Cocoa, Coffee and Palm Oil Value Chains’ in five districts in Mbeya, Songwe, Morogoro and Dar es Salaam regions of Tanzania.
We are looking for a Project Officer who will be based in the Mbeya region and also assist in field operations in three districts namely; Kyela, Rungwe and Mbozi. The position has the responsibility of mobilising and supporting farmer organisations (farmers with and without disability) and facilitation of access to extension and other business development services including marketing, organising training and building linkages with grassroots stakeholders.
Prospective candidates will have;
• A university degree in agriculture, social studies or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• At least five years’ experience in implementing development projects especially in working with farmer groups
• Minimum 3 years hands on experience in agriculture production, marketing of agriculture produce and farmer organisation
• Experience in adult training approaches
• Experience of working in the coffee or cocoa sector is an added advantage
• Be willing to reside in the project area and travel to other project sites
Knowledge and understanding of disability issues and approaches, local language and culture and possession of motor bike riding license will be an added advantage. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only applications form and references written in English will be accepted. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Traidcraft Exchange Safeguarding policy.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Interested? You can download the job description and application form using the links below:
Project Officer Job Description
Please submit your completed Application Form via email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2019
Provisional date for interviews: 10th or 11th October 2019
Traidcraft Exchange is an Equal Opportunities employer.
This position is supported by the Community Fund Big Lottery Fund.