The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) is a member of Universal Postal Union on behalf of the United Republic of Tanzania. The UPU is based in BERNE, SWITZRELAND.
TCRA wishes to inform the general public that UPU invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians for the following posts available at the (UPU) Headquarters.
- Reference Number: 5422 (DRH) 1112
- Post: Projects Manager, grade P 3
- Policy, Regulation and Markets Directorate (DPRM)
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Under the supervision of the Programme manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the oversight and development of the .POST TLD (Top Level Domain) with oversight of a multi-disciplinary (technical, legal, marketing, policy and compliance project activities.
1. Project management activities:
– Prepare, monitor and implement projects related to service delivery for .POST TLD
– Liaise with the postal community to facilitate their understanding and use of .POST TLD
2. Communications and marketing tasks
– Increase awareness and knowledge around .POST within the various internal and external stakeholder groups, providing communication support such as newsletters, social media content and user profiles as well as working with partner and external marketing resources to develop other materials and content.
– Monitor domain trends and provide reporting/recommendations to management and .POST Group.
3. Business Management tasks
– Be responsible to implement the business plans goals and actions for the growth of .POST TLD
– Provide business support to the .POST Group (e.g., provide business recommendations on cost-benefit or develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve members’ opportunities).
– Ensure follow up and implementation of .POST policies and recommendations.
– Review annual work-plan focused on strategic matters.
4. Operations oversight tasks
– Maintain operational processes for regular registrations of .POST domains
– Interface with the .POST TLD registry operator management and technical staff to support transition to a registrar-based services model.
– Develop and monitor compliance for the ongoing verification of the .POST TLD registrants and domains in line with the UPU policies.
– Identify and work to establish partner relationships for the development of the .POST project.
– Implement a partnership program for onboarding registrars to sell .POST domains.
5. Digital transformation agenda tasks
– Contribute to the achievement of the goals of the Digital Economy programme specifically related to the provision of .POST services towards a safer and more secure space for postal services.
– Develop and implement projects that bring the value of the .POST TLD to the digital transformation of the postal sector.
– Prepare regular reports and feedback on the results achieved and the areas of potential and necessary improvement.
6. Staff supervision tasks
– Give instructions, work plan to supervised staff, monitor tasks and assess results, give business and/or technical advice.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
University qualification: minimum a first level university degree (Bachelor or similar) in Business, Marketing, IT, Innovation. An advanced level university degree (Master or similar) is an asset.
At least five years’ experience in management of digital innovation projects.
1. Proven record of accomplishment in project management.
2. Proven ability to work with international partners is a must.
3. A good understanding of Internet domain industry environment.
4. Knowledge of new postal electronic services and other innovative services
5. A proven record of success in coordinating product development projects is a plus.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Customer focus, service oriented, discretion and diplomacy
2. Good interpersonal skills and contacts
3. Adaptable, self-motivated, responsible and organized.
4. Ability to work across many cultures in different stages of economic development
5. Demonstrated ability to meet ambitious objectives and obtain results
6. Strong detail orientated approach to project control.
7. Combination of creative and analytical talents, to be able to conceptualize new ideas, research the new ideas, and evaluate them objectively from a market and financial standpoint.
Proficiency in English or French is required
This is a non-core post. This position will be in full compliance with the “Rules governing non-core staff”.
The selected staff will participate in the UPU Provident Scheme and will be insured together with their recognized dependents against the risks of sickness and accidents.
This is a two years’ contract which can be renewed if the services continue to be required in the future, the funds are available and/or the staff member’s performance is satisfactory. However, this appointment does not automatically carry any expectancy of extension or renewal or of conversion to any other type of appointment.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
Annual salary: (Net of tax)
60,962 USD Post adjustment: 86.9 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.
- Applicants are requested to complete Official Application Form via the UPU’s e-Recruit system (erecruit.upu.int).
- All Applications will have to be submitted through TCRA for recommendations not later than 12th November 2020 by 4PM, after which they will be forwarded to UPU for further processes.
Details on duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be accessed on the UPU’s website: https://erecruit.upu.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?jobinfo_uid_c=36852&vaclng=en
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.0 Box 474,
14414, DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]