Employment band: I – Non-manager
Roles reporting to this position: No direct reports
Reports to: Team Leader
Geographic scope: Area (Kigoma)
Overall purpose of the role
• Provides administrative or technical support within sector area
• Assist the sector officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes.
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Administrative and technical support
• Carry out basic tasks within sector area (e.g. data collection)
• Carry out administrative tasks
• Follow given work plans and guidelines
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks
• Excellent IT skills
• Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
The deadline for submitting the application is October 05, 2020