The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
POST : PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Location : Unguja 1
Maintain positive reputation of the bank brand and maintain a strategic relationship with the public, prospective customers, partners, employees and other stakeholders which leads to positive image of the bank.
Education and Experience:
Master Degree in Mass Communication or Public Relations or International Relations or its equivalent qualification from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks
- Smart and presentable individual
- Knowledge and effective application of PBZ policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards
- Strong communication (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
- Able to work independently and efficiently
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an advertising agency contact
- Creating awareness about the bank, its goals, products and services
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Writing, drafting speeches, arranging interviews and maintaining other forms of public/media contact.
- Develop and prepare advertising agency briefs for product launch promotion and special events.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press and related organizations
- Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open day, exhibitions etc
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations.
- Providing clients and customers with information about new products, and promotional opportunities
- Analyzing media coverage
- Commissioning or undertaking relevant marketing research
- Liaising with customers, managerial and journalists about objectives and other bank issues.
- Review plans for marketing campaigns.
- Maintain good customer service in dealing with internal and external customers
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020