Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA) is a volunteer membership organization aiming at empowering girls and young women socially and economically through informal education.
TGGA is a Member Organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) with more than 10 million members worldwide. Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, making friends and having fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to impact change to themselves, their communities and our world. WAGGGS keeps the global guiding Movement thriving, united and growing.
TGGA operates within the context of a volunteer-led global charitable organization among 150 Member Organizations (MO).
TGGA seeks to employ competent team players to fill in positions which exist in the organization, who will perform their duties with highest integrity, diligence, and professionalism.
JOB TITLE: Publicity & Training Coordinator
Responsible to: The National Secretary
Location: Tanzania Girl Guides Association Head office in Dar es salaam
Publicity & Training Coordinator will focus on development, implementing and maintaining the online presence of the association through its website, e-newsletter and Social Media. As well build a good relationship with key stakeholder’s communication people in order work together to keep all audiences informed, connected with TGGA activities and excited about the association’s work. This individual will be viewed as the webmaster and one who has much knowledge of all levels in guiding. Ability to create visibility of association’s activities and deliver guiding packages and communication skills at all levels will be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibility:
1. Develop, implement and manage online presence to maximize information and results sharing
2. Maximize online usage and activities by keeping information current and meaning full to team, members and stakeholders
3. Constantly measure usage and impact of online communication tools /activities
4. Continuous up-date contacts database of members, stakeholders, partners and suppliers
5. Make sure that the organization’s brand is consistently applied to online information and Communication materials
6. Help develop and implement the Social Media Strategy for the Marketing and Communications function including budget and result tracking
7. Monitor and maintain all Social Media sights for TGGA – Facebook and Twitter
8. Use the Association’s monitoring, evaluation and patrol training system scheme creatively
9. To work closely with the Training Commissioner, and involve training committee in the implementation of the training planned activities from National to Regional level
10. To strategize on membership recruitment and retention
11. To create and empower facilitators pool
12. To have a health check plans on guiding in the regions
13. To prepare, update and oversee the training programme implementation for TGGA
14. To set a training National Calendar and implement in collaboration with the Regional trainers
15. To update the present training method and incorporate the information technologies into the training scheme
16. To monitor and evaluate the training syllabus
17. To prepare training annual budget
18. To be creative and strategize to improve training operations at the District and Regional levels
19. To design and prepare certificates and pins awards for presentation after successful completion of training
20. To identify training sites; and
21. To keep abreast with policies and strategic planning of TGGA
Academic and professional qualifications
1. Minimum first degree/advanced in business, marketing/communications or public relations. Education background will be an added advantage
2. Minimum of 4 years working experience preferably with organizations involved with the implementation of communication & training programs
3. Experience with major development partners
4. Experience and interactions with media outlets adverting agencies, promotion, experiential marketing companies; and
5. Strong interpersonal and networking skills
6. Strong writing and presentation skills both in English and Kiswahili
7. Strong problem-solving skills
8. Ability to function in a multi-cultural environment
9. Excellent Microsoft office skills including Design software such as Adobe illustrator, In-design
10. Educational, Finance and project management skills
11. Ability to thrive in a team of dynamic communications professionals; and
12. A positive attitude, initiative, flexibility and ability to prioritise and organise workloads while maintaining the required standards
13. The ideal candidate will be talented and a creative facilitator and communications professional with excellent interpersonal skills
14. The ability to manage and monitor a diverse workload, and have experience working with the both the public and private sectors
15. Sound knowledge of publicity and communications especially with respect to Social Media
16. Experience in developing publicity materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, outdoor, organizing & running a camp, radio, TV programs
17. Excellent oral and written communication skills
18. Good facilitation, analytical skills with a focus on the details
- A package within TGGA salary scale
- Tanzanian girls and young women not more than 50 years of age are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must attach updated curriculum Vitae (CV) showing two reliable referee contacts (Postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers)
- Working Experience of not less than 3 years is necessary for all positions
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates with one recent passport size photograph and copy of birth certificate (Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will not be accepted)
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to submit their cover letter, CV and other associated documents to: [email protected].
Application deadline is 13/11/2020. Any application sent after this date will not be considered.