North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit four Pump Fitters to join Mechanical Pump team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Mechanical Pump tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Mechanical Pump Fitter will report to the First Line Leader. This is a permanent role, with the work roster being seven days day shift, seven days night shift and seven days off shift.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures, and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component / system / equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Fixed Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Fixed Plant equipment upgrades/ modification as required.
- Removal of pump components & replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are kept informed of equipment availability status.
- Identification of mechanical equipment and resources, and selection and inspection of tools/ equipment.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
- Under the direction of the First Line Leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Participate in poly pipe welding activities as required
- Trade qualified VETA, FTC, or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have at least three years’ experience in a similar role (Pump Fitter).
- Experience in open cast or underground mining essential
- Valid Tanzanian driving license
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Fault finding/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and techniques used in mechanical activities.
- Knowledge of pump operation & maintenance.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanical principles.
- Interpreting mechanical specifications including terms, codes and symbols.
- Interpretation of mechanical machine operating procedures.
- Knowledge on how to measure/calculate material requirements from job specifications
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20th March 2021..
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.