What is NALA?
NALA is building the future of digital payments and banking in Africa. Customers use our app to pay 7x faster all without using the internet and across multiple accounts. We’re a small team based in Tanzania with a few people working in remote cities across the globe. We recently completed Y-Combinator. Find us on TechCrunch, Fast Company and our blog.
Backed by: Y-Combinator, DFS Lab, NYCA Partners.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who specializes in full-stack QA (Front end, Webservice, & Non-Functional testing) to join our team. Someone who pays exceptional attention to detail and who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner and a great communicator (written and verbal). You will interact daily with our product managers and development team members to understand our domain and create technical solutions that make truly help move the needle for our business. The ideal candidate is excited about living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Build a test automation framework to be used by the entire Agile squad.
- Develop and maintain functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases, and test artifacts such as test data, test cases, and automated scripts used in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Review functional requirements and determine the data requirements for executing the use cases end to end from creating functional manual cases to automating the cases for regression.
- Execute all manual and automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and report/document test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes.
- Ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing tasks through completion.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Act as test lead working closely with Product Managers and Developers, while collaborating across teams.
- Mentor other Engineers on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards, and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans
- 3+ years of working experience in test cases automation and documentation or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in working with automation tools such as Protractor, Selenium TestComplete, Appium and JMeter
- Excited about designing and building the future of payments and banking in Africa
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiar with mobile testing tools and frameworks (i.e. Appium, RobotFramework, Espresso, etc.)
- Experience with using virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, product build and installation
About the Team
We are an ambitious and hardworking team based in Tanzania (with a few remote workers). We work quickly, prioritize market feedback (spend a lot of time with users), and obsess over execution. The team is currently 9 people and we will be expanding over the coming months.
NALA is founded by Benjamin, who is from Tanzania, attended Stanford’s Graduate School of Business for his MBA, and spent time working at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
To apply: send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org