Quality Assurance Engineer at ALAF
- Inspection of products at the production, packing, and dispatch stage to ensure conformity with quality requirements.
- Confirming quality records of products bound for dispatch to eliminate errors
- Ensure proper labeling of the products before loading and dispatch for Local (sheets) and Export (sheets and Coils).
- Identify and supervise segregation of Non –non-conforming products.
- Inspection of pre-painted and Aluminum zinc-coated steel products during the entire finishing line processes of shearing, corrugation, ridging, gutter forming, and sorting/strapping for quality defects
- Control the generation of defective products by initiating a backward loop of corrective action based on past product feedback.
- Implement a stop for quality to avoid the production of substandard products.
- Product yield reports (Daily, Monthly, and periodic reviews)
- Maintain good housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Ensure all products released to the next process comply with both statutory requirements and customer specifications
- Implement all quality control procedures and QMS based on ISO 9001
- Participate fully in RCA processes as assigned from time to time
- Ensure that product testing equipment is calibrated, and that process control takes care of all product quality attributes.
- Conduct online UD for products produced in any work center assigned to him/her
- Conduct UD for any backlog in SAP as assigned by Supervisor in writing
- Conduct incoming materials and customer complaints inspection and document report timely physically and in SAP
- Conduct a materials quality survey in the storage location physically and in SAP
- Conduct weight variance verification physically and in SAP
- Make sure product care is implemented for all materials on production lines and warehouses
- Product Test Data analysis and issuance of initial packing lists and Mill Test reports.
- Perform any other related duties as Management may require from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical and Processes, Mineral, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or Metallurgy with 3 years of experience
- Registered with ERB
- Excellent Communication skills, Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills, and planning & organizing skills
- Basic computer literal (Excel, word, etc)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams internally and externally
- Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
- High energy, personal presence, and maturity; demonstrated ability to innovate and support change
- Able to work extended hours in critical situations.