Quality Improvement Manager
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Portfolio Director, Africa Region
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
Division & Project Overview:
The five year, CDC-funded Sustain and Accelerate a Comprehensive HIV Response in the United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) will support the Government of Tanzania strategy for comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment (C&T) addressing the entire continuum of care. The project will provide rapid, flexible support to accelerate evidence-based HIV prevention and treatment program implementation at both facility and community levels, as well as aligned health systems strengthening activities towards epidemic control (with the aim of reaching 95-95-95 goals) in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Roles and Responsibilities:
URC is currently seeking a Quality Improvement Manager to provide management oversight throughout he vision, direction, and technical implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) strategies. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and vision in the development and implementation of CQI strategies and approaches aimed to support the MOH efforts to provide rapid, flexible support to accelerate evidence-based HIV prevention and treatment program implementation;
- Lead the routine collection of and analyzation of data to inform CQI service delivery of targeted populations with tailored approaches to ensure programmatic gains do not leave any sub-population behind;
- Lead and oversee implementation of CQI activities to ensure quality of service delivery;
- Train staff to ensure that they have skills in CQI tools and approaches;
- Develop simple CQI tools relevant for the project at all levels;
- Ensure the project team and the Quality Specialists based in the regions are using CQI for improving quality of technical assistance to implementing partners, facilities and/or communities;
- Assist the project team members and health unit service provider teams in documenting, managing and disseminating results of their QI work;
- Coordinate with other program staff on M&E and QI efforts.
- Support in-country evaluations and assessments
- Provide inputs into periodic project progress reports
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Health Administration or related field with minimum of ten years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply quality improvement methods and tools (e.g., root cause analysis, process mapping, etc.) to create the project’s technical framework, conceptual models and change packages.
- Considerable experience with USG-or CDC-funded activities
- At least 5 years of experience in advising, training and mentoring of the improvement efforts including building a cadre of improvement coaches
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and establish effective relationships with senior government officials, civil society and international donors
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Demonstrated integrity and fidelity.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
Considerable experience with USG-funded HIV programs in Tanzania.
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Tanzania for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
This position is contingent upon securing award.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY