Mazars (Mazars Wiscon Associates) is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in 91 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars Tanzania is looking for candidates to fill following positions.
Position Title: Quality & Risk Management Practice
Mazars Tanzania seeking an experienced audit professional for a newly created position – Manager of Professional Engagement Standards – for our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) Team.
This role will focus on assisting the firm in establishing, monitoring and reporting both firm level policies and attest engagement specific policies required to comply with engagement standards. This will also involve interaction and consultation with our audit and attest service teams to ensure professional standards compliance. The position will report to the Q&RM Partner Practice Lead Partner.
- Stay current on industry developments related to engagement standards that impact our business
- Be an active participant in engagement standard setter activities, which may include conference attendance, task force participation, professional response to comment letters, etc.
- Develop strategies and materials to implement both new and changed standards efficiently
- Develop policies and procedures related to the firm’s system of quality control as required under the IFAC/ MAZARS GLOBAL/ NBAA’s Quality Control Standards
- Implement detailed policies and procedures that support compliance with professional standards and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Continuously consult with firm personnel regarding compliance with professional standards matters
- Monitor firm compliance with the quality Control Standards and engagement standards.
- Manage the firm’s annual internal inspection process, which addresses both firm level policy compliance, and audit and attest engagement standards
- Manage the firm’s global reporting requirements to Mazars Group
- Perform Engagement Quality Control reviews on professional standards issues
- Maintain and update the firm’s Quality Control Manuals
- Participate in both regulatory and global control inspections
- Multitask, perform well under pressure, and deliver quality service with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- CPA or equivalent qualifications, strong academic background
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a Business-related field of study
- 7+ years of relevant audit experience in a public accounting firm or a professional services firm
- Knowledge of the Quality Control, Ethics and Independence Standards
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in engagement standards
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in compliance with engagement standards
- Ability to perform technical consultations and reviews
- Ability to research and document complex accounting and engagement standard issues
- Ability to translate high-level technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications to [email protected] or Mazars Office Apex Tower, Lugoda street Box 78999 Dar es Salam by 5 October 2020
The deadline for submitting the application is 5 October 2020.