Re-advertised: AFR Senior Program Support Specialist – WaSH at Senior Manager of Human Resources at Compassion International – Africa Region
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical oversight for the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WaSH) sector in Africa Region. The Senior Program Support Specialist- WaSH is expected to provide strategic leadership and serve as the SME in the design, implementation and monitoring of WaSH strategies in National Offices with the aim of reducing WaSH related risks for beneficiaries and Frontline Church Partners. The Specialist will provide specialized technical support to National Offices, conduct situational analyses in the field and take sectorial leadership. The incumbent in close collaboration with Health Specialist will seek to improve synergies between WaSH and Health activities in the attainment of physical development outcomes. Similarly, the incumbent in collaboration with Livelihoods Specialists will endeavour to improve synergies between WaSH and Livelihood activities for improved food security and nutrition among the beneficiaries. The incumbent will interact with a range of other Program Support Specialists at the Global, Regional and National level while maintaining oversight of the overall WaSH sector impacts and ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children
- Focusing on overall holistic child development, the WaSH Expert provides strategic and technical leadership on improving WaSH interventions that aim to improve National Office WaSH policy/strategy and operations for improved outcomes and in ways that are sensitive to children and caregivers.
- Provides expert consulting to the National Offices and drives interventions in area of expertise to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with various National Office staff and/ or Specialists.
- Leads collaborative efforts with partnership with managers and staff at all levels by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Develops and leads child development community learning and improvement among staff, leaders and other neighbours.
- Drives delivery of programing within area of expertise. Consolidates multi-national data to identify common gaps and patterns. Designs strategy; manages the implementation of strategy within area of expertise. Serves as an expert consultant in support of other strategy development with the National Office or region.
- Consolidates and identifies common patterns and needs from complex initiatives and strategies in area of expertise.
- Lead the development and /or review of internal organizational WASH-related trainings and curriculum, tools, guidelines, and standards to improve program delivery and quality.
- Leads reporting efforts to produce actionable metrics and data to equip management and key stakeholders to improving program initiatives, interventions and expected child outcomes.
- The inherent nature of the job requires a mature Christian who a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Seven years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
- Qualified Female are highly encouraged to apply
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule