Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following part time vacant positions at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) situated at Chang’ombe, Temeke District in Dar es Salaam.
Job Title: Part time Readers/Note-takers for students with Disabilities and Special Needs (23 Posts).
Applicant must be a holder of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE), good command in English and must have the ability to work with Students with Disabilities and Special Needs. Knowledge and skills in computer, braille writing and sign language will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To read and take notes on assigned reading materials for visually impaired and deaf students;
- Fetching reading materials from the internet and library for the students;
- To guide the students with physical challenges to different parts of the College e.g. Lecture rooms and outside the College;
- To provide the students with disabilities with an accurate and full account of the information conveyed in lectures or classes and even outside the classes;
- To work in a helpful and flexible manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times, and;
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian
- Only short listed candidates will be
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the: Deputy Principal (Administration)
Deputy Principal (Administration)
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P. O. Box 2329
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting applications is 14th September, 2020.