Job Title : REFUGEE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reporting to : Director of Disaster Management
Department : Disaster Management
Age Limit : 35 to 55 Years
Duty Station : Kigoma/Kasulu/Kakonko Contract Duration : 1 year, renewable
The job holder is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation
of Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) programming in the area of operation. S/he oversees
program implementation according to TRCS strategies and ensures that operations are implemented
within TRCS regulations, procedures and guidelines to enable a productive and accountable
relationship with beneficiaries, communities’ leaders/representatives, relevant governmental
authorities, National and International NGOs, UN Agencies, and the donor community in general.
The Refugee Program Coordinator is the TRCS field management representative with relevant
actors in the area of operation. S/he is the line manager for all staff with area responsibilities and
s/he is responsible for ensuring a result oriented team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
– To represent all aspects of program and operations and has overall accountability for the area
– To act as the primary TRCS representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant
forums/meetings in order to strengthen TRCS position in the area, including government
authorities and relevant stakeholders
– To foster relationships with Government authorities, national and international organizations
and other relevant stakeholders in the area of operation
– To maintain close working relationships with donors, notably the sub-offices of UNHCR,
UNICEF, WFP, and other UN Agencies to nurture current partnerships and lead negotiations
for further partnerships.
– To organize and host donors during visits to projects sites
– To closely coordinate with the senior management team at TRCS HQ ensuring regular
– To ensure oversight on quality and timeliness of proposals and reports before submission to
TRCS HQ and Donors/representatives
Desired Qualifications and experience:
– University degree in Health Related Course, with Master degree training/courses either in
management, public health, international relations, or any other related field from a reputable
academic institution is a must
– A minimum of 5 years management experience, overseeing humanitarian and development
multi-sector, multi-donor programs in complex and volatile environments
– Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation,
monitoring and evaluation.
– Practical and extensive financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive
knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation.
Mode of Application: Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office;TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected]
The Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’, P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.