About the Company
Dodoma Cement Company Limited (DCCL) is a Dodoma-based mining company engaged in
processing and distributing agricultural lime (Aglime) product for neutralizing acidity in the
cultivated land in Tanzania. Established in 2007, DCCL owns a 200-acre limestone mining site
and 8-acre lime processing facility in Dodoma city.
DDCL is implementing a one-year project funded by SNV Netherlands Development
Organization the Climate Resilient Agribusiness for Tomorrow (CRAFT). The project aims at
enhancing knowledge and adoption of aglime to 4,850 smallholder farmers in potato and
sunflower value chains in Mbeya, Njombe and Songwe Region.
DDCL is looking for 3 Regional Agronomist (RA) who will be based in Mbeya, Songwe and
Mbeya. RA will be responsible for planning and implementation of Neutralize Soil Acidity with
Quality Aglime project. He/She will support Project Coordinator in internal and external project
reporting, financial management, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, outputs
and impacts, and ensuring that all stakeholders at the project area are fully engaged. Also, to
ensure projects are implemented in accordance with contractual obligations of the donor and
meet the highest standard of implementation. The post-holder will be based either in Mbeya,
Njombe or Songwe Region. The candidate will report to Project Coordinator.
Below are key responsibilities.
- Support Project Coordinator to review and prepare the project’s work plan and budget
- as part of the quarterly planning process.
- With the support from CRAFT team, initiate partnership with existing Champions who
- have already been funded by CRAFT and obtain profiles for farmers
- Ensure Champion farmers are clear on project plans and required resources during
- planning and implementation.
- Conduct a snapshot diagnostic on the status of their cultivated land (location, soil
- structure, etc)
- Collect soil samples and conduct soil analysis and disseminated soil analysis report to
- Conducting awareness to farmers to increase knowledge on the use of aglime to
- neutralize acidity in the soil.
- Develop demonstration plot for aglime through selected model farms owned by
- Diploma or Degree in General Agriculture, Agronomy, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, private companies,
- non-government organizations, farmers groups and other grassroots organizations.
- At least two years’ experience working with in the agricultural agriculture sector.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in facilitation skills in conducting meetings, training, workshops and
- Willing to work over 80% in a field
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel, e-mail and web browser software
- Must possess a valid driving license and be able to ride a motorcycle.
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone
- number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
- ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Completed applications containing above information should be submitted to an email to
Dodoma Cement Company Limited (DCCL)
P. O. Box 79745
Deadline for the submission is September 28th by 5pm Tanzania time.
Applicants who do not follow application instructions will be rejected. ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted