Regional Head Of ICT
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan | Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s | facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading Lovide the provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International | Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in
Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health system that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position below:
Vacancy title: Regional Head Of ICT
The Regional Head of ICT for AKHS East Africa (AKHS-EA), and more specifically for Tanzania, will provide technology vision and leadership in driving digital transformation across East Africa, especially in relation to patient care and including the selected HER/ERP/HRIS solutions. The Regional Head of ICT will lead AKHS to move forward and stay abreast with advances in technology included but not limited to data analytics, BI, IoT, AI, mobile apps, etc. Accountable to manage IT risks by establishing IT Governance and adopting best practices, and bring efficiencies in managing IT operations and resources.
- Review and update IT organization structures, operating environment and formulate IT strategies to align with organization digital transformation strategy.
- Recommend long, medium and short-range strategic plans concerning applications, talent, hardware, communications and IT infrastructure Lead the development of AKHS-EA ICT long-term vision and digital transformation
- Lead the formulation ICT strategy and align it with organization’s overall strategy Review and periodically update the ICT Strategic Plan of Aga Khan Health Service, East Africa.
- Responsible for Implementation of road maps and transition plan to meet leadership expectation and Organization’s needs
- Processes and Procedures: Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies, processes and procedures covering all areas of IT activities to ensure that the business units receive high quality and reliable technology support
3. Budgeting and Cost Control
- Direct the preparation of the budget related to IT functions and CAPEX, ensuring that adequate provision is made for all activities, monitor and control expenditure against approved budget and reconcile budget variances to ensure on-target performance against budgets.
- Develop and consolidate IT budgets for short-term and multi-year planning purposes and coordinate with Finance and Business Units to prepare the annual and five year budgets, business and operating plans, and manpower and resource requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirement, Master Degree in MIS, IT or related field from recognized University/College
- Master Degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration (MBA), or a related field from recognized University/College
- Minimum of 15 years of IT experience of working with a large organization which 5 years in a leadership position, preferably in the healthcare industry Planning skills to plan network, manpower requirement, databases and application software
- At least 10 years Project Management experience or at least 5 years Project Management Experience with PMP
- At least 10 Years’ Experience in one domain of IT Architecture (Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Architecture) and experience with Standard Architecture Framework (TOGAF, Zackman etc.)
- Experience of implementing business analytics, BI, Data warehousing
- Experience and proven skills in System Management, Oracle and MS
- SQL RDBMS Programming experience in at least 1 major programming language
Job application procedure
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO:
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT,
P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 17TH MARCH, 2020.