Regional M&E Manager
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services including comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment in Pwani and Kigoma regions.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its vacant position for AFYA KWANZA HIV Care and Treatment Program: Below is the job description:
POSITION TITLE: Regional M&E Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager Kigoma / M&E Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Kigoma Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide strategic vision, management guidance, oversight and technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M & E) activities required for HIV/AIDS care, PMTCT /EID, PICT, APSC, PSG, Index Testing, TEI and Laboratory programs, provide technical support in Data demand and use for management of public health evaluations as needed in collaboration with Ministry of Health through National AIDS Control Programme.
- To provide technical assistance to health care facilities and districts in the region to implement paper based and electronic M&E systems for HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, EID, HTS, TB/HIV and related services including data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis, and performance review
- To serve as a resource to the region in the evaluation of ongoing HIV/AIDS programs and data feedback to NACP, RHMT, CHMT, Health facilities and other key stakeholders
- To build the capacity of personnel in the region to better implement M&E systems
- To collaborate with regional partners implementing donor-funded HIV/AIDS activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting across program areas
- To coordinate with CHMTs and RHMT to implement timely and regular reporting of key program indicators to NACP.
- The M&E
- Manager is responsible in coordinating program monitoring and reporting activities for Care and Treatment, Laboratory, TB/HIV and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Prevention and Community programs.
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for all MDH supported programs
- Build capacity of site staff and council health management teams to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, entry, compilation and timely reporting at site level, district level and regional level.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the organization’s M&E framework including indicator mapping
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for data collection, collation, verification and use at each level of the health information system.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports within described deadlines
- Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management and evaluation.
- Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports to the sub grantees to district partners, and Ministry of Health partners.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual sites focusing in different supported program areas
- Liaising with the Evaluation and Research unit in identifying areas for operational research.
- Writing and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices
- Oversee timely site and district level target distribution and monitor and report monthly on target performance to program team and senior management team
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Science, Demography, Epidemiology, Statistics or equivalent. Master’s in public health or Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography or public Health (MPH) will be an added advantage.
- Previous M&E experience in HIV related interventions.
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc is very essential
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by September 13th 2019 with a subject line for example: M&E Manager Kigoma Region.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.