Position: Regional PMTCT and Pediatric Officer (3 Position)
Reports to: Regional Technical Coordinator
Location: Rukwa, Katavi and Songwe
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
To strengthen PMTCT, EID and Pediatric HIV services within the supported region by HJFMRI. He/she will also facilitate HIV prevention, care, treatment and supported services for Pregnant/lactating women, children and adolescent in the region including improvement in Early Infant diagnosis of HIV (EID) among HIV exposed infants. S/he will be responsible to oversee HIV diagnosis in women and partners attending antenatal services (ANC), HIV exposed infants (EID), children and adolescent in the supported region. This entails HIV counselling and testing at all entry points including PITC and EID services, linkage and retention of Mother and Infant pairs, children and adolescents in the regional care and treatment program. On daily basis s/he will work with Regional Health Management team (RHMT) and Council Health Management Team (CHMT) to ensure quality and sustainable health services are provided along the PMTCT/EID/Pediatric and adolescents continuum of care.
- Ensure HIV testing services are routinely conducted at Reproductive and Child Health clinics (RCH) and other entry points to Pediatric and adolescent clients
- Work with Regional HJF Technical Manager and District Program Management Officers to ensure Newly diagnosed HIV positive Pregnant/Lactating women, Infants , children and adolescents are linked and retained into care and treatment services
- Support the region to implement adherence strategies in health facilities and in collaboration with Regional program outreach coordinator ensure monthly tracking of Missed appointment and Lost to follow up of Mother baby pair, Pediatric and adolescent clients.
- Creatively implement efforts to support health facilities to increase viral load coverage and suppression rate among Pregnant/lactating and children under 15 years of age in care and treatment in the supported region.
- Work with regional technical manager and DPMOs and in collaboration with R/CHMT to plan for PMTCT/EID and Pediatric supportive supervision and mentorship activities Maintain effective liaisons with Regional and District stake holders to ensure achievement of PMTCT/EID and Pediatric targets.
- Ensure PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV activities are provided in accordance with Tanzania National Guidelines.
- Work with regional technical managers to disseminate materials related to PMTCT/EID and Pediatric HIV/AIDS care and Treatment, including clinical guidelines, protocols, Algorithms, Job Aids and other necessary tools.
- Ensure integration between TB and HIV services such that there is Intensified TB case Identification, Infection control in the CTC for all Pediatric clients.
- In collaboration with R/CHMT ensure quality data collection, verification and timely submission to relevant authorities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisors
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Medical Doctor (MD) with at least 2 years of HIV clinical practice in a recognized public health facility (including internship program).
- Experience in PMTCT, Early Infant Diagnosis and Pediatric HIV care and Treatment services.
- Knowledge in Quality Improvement (QI) methods
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and Fluent English.
- Proficient computer/software skills, including a command of MS Word and Excel Knowledge, Skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a National and local forums and other Implementing partners.
- Ability to travel domestically for IP monitoring up to 50% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.