As reflected in paragraph 36 a) and b) of the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS), this Job Opening is open to internal candidates (Group 1 and Group 2), based in the country, at all grade. Interested staff members should consult APPC Procedural Regulations, regulations 16-19 on eligibility to apply for a General Service Vacancy, before submitting an application (IOM/FOM/42/2006 refers). Kindly note that staff members currently assigned to a post scheduled for discontinuation will not be required to serve one year in their current post and will be considered eligible for this position (APPC regulation 19 refers). Duties
– Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
– Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
– Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
– Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
– Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
– Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
– Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
– Perform other related duties as required. Competencies as defined in Job Profile Fluency in English and Kiswahili Languages
Working knowledge of another relevant UN language or Kirundi is an advantage. Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to sit for a written/practical test
The following categories of candidates may apply for internally advertised UNHCR vacancies as Group 2:
– Current locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment;
– Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females;
– National United Nations Volunteers currently working for UNHCR;
– National UNOPS and individual contractors currently working for UNHCR;
– Current GS staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position in the same category two grades above the staff member¿s personal grade;
– Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment;
– Current UNHCR staff members in the NPO category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment;
– Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system Organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment Please note that the closing date for the profiles advertised for the position is 31 October 2020 (midnight Tanzania time).