Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking – Lake Zone
Reporting Line: Functionally to Senior Manager, Corporate Banking and Administratively to Zonal Manager
Location: Lake Zone
To develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of corporate clients within Lake Zone [Mwanza, Kagera , Mara & Geita Regions] , while developing, improving, promoting and selling NMB’s products and services to ensure that NMB’s current and future Corporate customers find solutions for their financial needs
- Manage existing customer relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring customers’ banking needs are addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for new profitable customers from the identified target sectors and exploit cross selling opportunities.
- Partner with products team and other internal staff to deliver a clear account plan that is based on understanding of client needs and provide appropriate solutions for clients across relevant products by capitalizing on bank’s competitive attributes e.g. Network, balance sheet, brand etc.
- Manage the development of prudently priced assets, cost effective short and medium to long-term liability with reputable companies and organizations in order to ensure Bank’s maximum profitability.
- Maintain high quality of the asset book; ensure excellent performance and maximum returns of the portfolio.
- Adhere to high professional standards and strive to provide quality services and competitive pricing to clients by ensuring delivery of industry-leading customer service, premier on-boarding experience and advisory services to new and existing Corporate Customers.
- Gather information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
- Proactively manage client portfolio in compliance with regulatory environment, keeping up with bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
- Maintain high standard of operational controls including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
- Embed NMB values and code of conduct by ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Consult with staff in Risk, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business understanding of bank’s lake zone customer base and market segments.
- Strong product knowledge in Treasury, Cash Management, Trade Finance etc.
- Knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, bank policies & procedures
- Customer Relationship Management, Risk and Credit skills, strong analytical skills
- Building Positive Working Relationships, Communication, Team player, Facilitating Change, Decision Making, Formal Presentation, Planning & Organizing
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing Statistics or Research.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Business-related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.