Relationship Manager- Credit/Credit Manager
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize Iheir opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya. Uganda. Tanzania. Rwanda. South Sudan and now in DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11.5 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below;
POSITION: RELATIONSHIP MANAGER- CREDIT/CREDIT MANAGER
JOB LEVEL: MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: MWANZA
REPORTING TO: BUSINESS GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Relationship Manager – Credit position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Interview loan applicants to determine qualifications.
- Collect appraisal documentation (KYC. technical, financial and legal) and use it to prepare credit proposals for review by Credit Committees.
- Process and facilitate the disbursement of loans for new and existing customers.
- Process requests for non-funded facilities
- (Letters of Credit & Guarantees) in liaison with the Trade Finance Department.
- Manage the loan portfolio (in terms of growth and quality).
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and BOT prudential lending guidelines all credit facilities sanctioned.
- Ensure an efficient turnaround time for applications is maintained.
- Ensure all facilities are reviewed at least one month prior to expiry date.
- Monitor, follow-up and report unauthorized excess drawings.
- Daily tick-back of loan bookings and other system entries.
- Supervise Credit Officers to ensure that quality credit proposals are prepared and that their review is undertaken on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the Legal Department and the Central Disbursement Team to ensure that timely due diligence and security perfection is done, and that all post-sanction conditions have been met prior to disbursement of facilities.
Support the Bank’s Debt Recovery Unit to ensure that requests relating to delinquent facilities c.g. interest stoppage, restructuring and refinancing, are processed in good time.
Qualification and Requirements
- University Degree in Business related field.
- Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in retail and corporate banking, treasury and commercial banking operations, customer service, governance and controls with at least 8 years’ in senior to top management position.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services and banking sector.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional banking industry (especially operating dynamics of East Africa), market and global trends as well as challenges
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business and banking operations of East Africa.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting environment
Key Critical Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal, selling and networking skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Demonstration of good levels of maturity
- Strong Leadership skills
- Team player and team developer.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS office suites.
- Ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines.
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV. stating your current position, e-mail address and telephone contacts, and copies of academic and professional certificates, quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received by December 02nd, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.