Research Administrative Officer
A bright, efficient, helpful and pleasant person who will report to the Associate Dean, Medical College, Tanzania. The Research Administrative Officer will provide high level, pro-active support to the Associate Dean in developing and pursuing the Faculty’s research strategy including the administration, evaluation and governance of research-related activity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Run day-to-day activities of the research office.
- Receive, store and maintain resident’s dissertations.
- Receive and submit research protocols to the research committee.
- Organize weekly CME and Thursday’s faculty rounds as well as keep CME and Faculty round attendance records.
- Liaise with Nairobi research office on matters related to AKU research policies and disseminate the policies to faculty and residents.
- Prepare and disseminate research office reports.
- Organize in collaboration with population health department training of common courses for residents.
- Share with faculty adverts of grants application.
- Liaise with NIMRI and get updates on research regulations.
- Assist on ethical clearance matters for faculty and residents.
- Assist in preparation and execution of research office budget.
- Secretary for Ethical Review Committee and Research Advisory Committee. Taking notes and organize the meeting.
- Maintain Data base for Publications and Conference Participation Lists
- Maintain the Research Application Checklists.
- Maintain Grant Application Forms.
- Maintain ERC Data Base and RAC Data Base
- Application for Research Permits and follow up from COSTECH.
- Organizing events like Conferences, Seminars, workshops and graduation held in the entire department.
- Maintain Office Library and database of official contacts.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in research in an educational institution.
- Excellent computer knowledge; Internet and Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meeting.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting the above requirements, seeking professional growth and excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, Curriculum Vitae and testimonials (postal and email) of three references to the
Human Resources Office, Aga Khan
University, P.O. Box 125,
Dar es Salaam;
Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875 or
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please visit http://www.aku.edu
Application Deadline: 31 st August 2020