The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for various positions. The application letter should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with certified copies of all academic certificates. Furthermore, the applicant must submit a signed current Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate and other Testimonials.
POSITION: RESEARCH ASSISTANT (1 Position) – Cystinet Project
QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of Bachelor of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science (BLS) from a recognized Higher Learning Institution. A candidate with a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized Higher Learning Institution and Field research experience of not less than 1 year will have an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FOREST ATTENDANTS
- Maintaining and updating Cystinet Project equipment database.
- Preparing and Monitoring Plans for the Cystinet Project activities, including research and events.
- Organizing Cystinet Project events (including meetings) in consultation with the principal investigator (PI) and Co PI.
- Preparing Cystinet Project Meeting agenda and minutes in close collaboration with the PI and Co PI
- Prepare and submit to the PI a monthly report of deliverables against the planned activities, including successes and challenges.
- Performing other project related duties as may be assigned by the Network Coordinator.
AGE: Not above 45 years of age
REMUNERATION: As per applicable Scheme of Service and the Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 6 of 2015.
TENURE: Two years renewable contract depending on performance and availability of Funds.
HOW TO APPLY
All Applications should be addressed to the
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 3000,
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2021
NOTE that for those who studied abroad, TCU Verification of certificates must be attached to the application.